Um/UF hockey!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Congrats to the team, Job well done and bonus points for waxing da gator in route to the Championship!

Now let's be honest. This is very far away from top level hockey.

Division 1 Club level would get washed by NCAA D3 programs and those D3 programs would get washed by D1 programs. The divide between club level hockey and NCAA hockey is HUGE.

Its equivalent to the UM Intermural Flag Football Championship team playing the UM NCAA Football team.

1709818192581.png

Advertisement
Honestly, I think a legit division 1 college hockey team would do very well at UM, generating a lot of participation and support from students who attend from the NorthEast.

If a school like Arizona State can do it, so can we.
Agreed! They're going to D2 next year.

Advertisement
Honestly, I think a legit division 1 college hockey team would do very well at UM, generating a lot of participation and support from students who attend from the NorthEast.

If a school like Arizona State can do it, so can we.
AZ State will be in the NCHC conference next season which is the premier college hockey conference. some east coast canes fans will argue Hockey East is better. Minnesota vs Mass is always the hockey argument. There are a few examples but I don’t think any of the top talent would leave the state of MN as there are now six D1 teams in the state along with the university of North Dakota and Wisconsin so the talent would have to come from out east as you said but hockey is no longer a niche northern sport so you can find talent elsewhere. Canadians/europeans play college hockey as well in good numbers. If Miami had a team they should go that route imo

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back