2023 UM trying to lure 5 star WR Jurrion ****ey Offered, Palo Alto, CA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement

“I haven’t decided if I want to wait and take some visits first or signing in the Early Signing Period,” ****ey told On3. “Oregon isn’t really pushing me to sign early. They know how I feel, so they aren’t really worried about it.

“I just haven’t been able to get out and see too much, so waiting until February to sign is something I am thinking about. It is something I will have to figure out here soon. I would say it is 50-50 right now if I sign early or not.”

My commitment is so strong with Oregon because of the people. They like me for me. They have gotten to know me. It is not just about the football player. I love the people at Oregon.

“I know my official visit will be great because of the people. The atmosphere feels like family and I feel the same around the people at Oregon. I will benefit as a person going to Oregon, so I am still locked in and I see myself there.”

****ey named Florida State, Penn State and Tennessee as schools he would consider visiting in January if he chose not to sign later this month. He’s still trying to figure that out.

“It is just something I am thinking about,” ****ey said. “I don’t really talk to those schools that much. It would just be about the experience. It is something me and my family will figure out.”

I wonder if he’s actually obligated to respect this trading card thing, or he can just say I changed my mind/ flip after one year
That is the best part on his end unless he is including some kind of official tracker. He can get all 3 fan bases to buy his card and then just go to whatever school he wants. and just say they won.

Advertisement
We don’t have a collective. We are nowhere near as organized and efficient. Behind the scenes, it’s been a bit, let’s say, disorganized. I’ll leave it at that. But as long as people like Ruiz follow through, we’ll be alright in the near term. Long term, we’re going to have to build out a legit collective.

Samson’s current representation scares me. Unpredictable. His former counsel was solid and straight forward.
Here is what I do not understand. These collectives where people contribute $100. How is that possibly utilizing guys' NIL? Like what are they marketing or doing aside from pooling cash to give to recruits? Maybe this is what some schools are doing, but it seems like all of our guys who are doing bigger NIL deals need to come together in some form of an affiliation agreement and use that to get organized as far as who will give what deals and to what players. We are never going to have the economies of scale to get hundreds of thousands of alums to donate $100, so we kind of need to rely on the whales.

We don’t have a collective. We are nowhere near as organized and efficient. Behind the scenes, it’s been a bit, let’s say, disorganized. I’ll leave it at that. But as long as people like Ruiz follow through, we’ll be alright in the near term. Long term, we’re going to have to build out a legit collective.

Samson’s current representation scares me. Unpredictable. His former counsel was solid and straight forward.

Eh, I understand what you're saying but we are more organized than you think. We even have collectives under development that are devoted to certain kinds of spending. Won't get into it but let's just say that we are a lot more organized that you may believe. While we don't have the structure some of the other schools have, we will soon enough in the form of a few different collectives that will fund different things.

This thread is always self-inflicted disappointment for me. I know I shouldn't even click into it, but then I do and I regret it everytime. Smh, thanks CIS.

Advertisement
Eh, I understand what you're saying but we are more organized than you think. We even have collectives under development that are devoted to certain kinds of spending. Won't get into it but let's just say that we are a lot more organized that you may believe. While we don't have the structure some of the other schools have, we will soon enough in the form of a few different collectives that will fund different things.

I know the current organization very well. It was a **** show at times over the last few months. Ruiz’s kid should have no involvement, much less his buddies. Rashada’s dad played them like a fiddle and we came out looking like amateurs to folks who represent many of our recruits. This isn’t a criticism of Ruiz or the other supporters. It’s a brand new space and we’re learning. I agree regarding the future, which was my point. If they execute on those plans and build an infrastructure that includes professionals, we’ll be good.

I have been really high on him as a prospect, obviously, but am I crazy for thinking we may have dodged a bullet here? 😂

Not that what he’s doing isn’t smart, but seems like a major red flag IMO. No problem with them getting their money, but idk about the way he’s doing it with the three different teams

Advertisement
I know the current organization very well. It was a **** show at times over the last few months. Ruiz’s kid should have no involvement, much less his buddies. Rashada’s dad played them like a fiddle and we came out looking like amateurs to folks who represent many of our recruits. This isn’t a criticism of Ruiz or the other supporters. It’s a brand new space and we’re learning. I agree regarding the future, which was my point. If they execute on those plans and build an infrastructure that includes professionals, we’ll be good.

So you’re painting reshada’s dad as some sort of legal negotiator savant over people who do this stuff for a living?

Last edited:
press your luck whammy GIF by ABC Network

Advertisement
I’ve always preferred Innis over this kid. Brandon has drama out there but it’s not dramatic and ****. This dude has drama written on his Jersey instead of ****ey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back