2023 UM trying to lure 5 star WR Jurrion ****ey Offered, Palo Alto, CA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay but you don’t have to have those type of WR rooms to put up big numbers. Where was NC state WRs drafted? WSU? NC State? North Texas? It was the offense. He had former 4 stars catching passes from him. Only difference is that he was in an offense that didn’t pass much? There were offenses with less heralded players that put up bigger passing numbers. They didn’t have those OSU or Bama playmakers.
This is the point that’s been driving me crazy all season. People act like you need all stars to have a prolific or just good offense. Me and my buddy call those Oc’s / coaches ”21 point guys “. Meaning their scheme will get them 21 points off the bus, before hitting the field you know he’ll scheme up points. Our offense has been the opposite of that. Making things way harder than what they really are.

Last edited:
Advertisement
This is the point that’s been driving me crazy all season. People act like you need all stars to have a prolific or just good offense. Me and my buddy call those Oc’s / coaches ”21 point guys “. Meaning their scheme will get them 21 points off the bus, before hitting the field you know he’ll scheme up points. Our offense has been the opposite of that. Making things way harder than what they really are.

Yea I don’t get it either. They act like you need future all pros to be an average offense. Smh

Au contraire my cribtastic friend.

All of our recent OCs have been "21 point guys" because that's all the points they can muster.

My hope after reading Mario’s comments and listening to Joe Rose is a light bulb went off. They adjusted to Tyler’s strengths. Gattis fell in love with a few plays but he schemed some first downs open lmao. He added RPO like you suggested and it got us a nice TD with Key Smith. Just keep improving and evolving, I think we will come right.

My hope after reading Mario’s comments and listening to Joe Rose is a light bulb went off. They adjusted to Tyler’s strengths. Gattis fell in love with a few plays but he schemed some first downs open lmao. He added RPO like you suggested and it got us a nice TD with Key Smith. Just keep improving and evolving, I think we will come right.
I’m happy they’re adjusting , I just wish they’d seen it sooner. If my dumb *** saw it with TVD game 1 and 2 they had to. Choppy feet, patting the ball and not confidently stepping into your throws tells a lot. That said I think things will improve going forward.

Advertisement
My point with Herbert has always been he wasn’t ‘ruined’ by Mario’s conservative offense. I read these comments all the time, and the opinion is plain *** stupid. Yes, he threw for fewer yards and TDs than his peers. So what? He was the 6th overall pick and a baller from his first start. He wasn’t ’ruined’ by anyone. He wasn’t ’poorly coached’. Underused, fine.

My point with Herbert has always been he wasn’t ‘ruined’ by Mario’s conservative offense. I read these comments all the time, and the opinion is plain *** stupid. Yes, he threw for fewer yards and TDs than his peers. So what? He was the 6th overall pick and a baller from his first start. He wasn’t ’ruined’ by anyone. He wasn’t ’poorly coached’. Underused, fine.
I don’t like that either , he didn’t “ ruin “ him. I’d go with more he left a lot of meet on that bone lol. He’s generational and looked like a nice college qb. A lot of scouts and media thought SD reached big time on the selection. That’s because of how he looked at Oregon. He looked nothing like the guy that was playing as a rookie.

I think the offense and Mario’s philosophy didn’t get the best out of him. Thats pretty obvious , he did less with more.

I don’t like that either , he didn’t “ ruin “ him. I’d go with more he left a lot of meet on that bone lol. He’s generational and looked like a nice college qb. A lot of scouts and media thought SD reached big time on the selection. That’s because of how he looked at Oregon. He looked nothing like the guy that was playing as a rookie.

I think the offense and Mario’s philosophy didn’t get the best out of him. Thats pretty obvious , he did less with more.
I agree. Open up the offense and Oregon might been a CFP team Herbert’s Jr and Sr season. I wasn’t surprised he went 6th. QBs often go a little higher than one might think, especially if the earlier drafting teams need a QB. Tua was a reach too, given his skills and injured hip.

This season is a disappointment from a coaching perspective, at least on offense. I think many of us (me included) bought too much of the TVD media hype and failed to recognize the overall lack of talent on the OL and at WR. That and losing Chaney, Citizen, X, and now Arroyo haven’t helped.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I’m happy they’re adjusting , I just wish they’d seen it sooner. If my dumb *** saw it with TVD game 1 and 2 they had to. Choppy feet, patting the ball and not confidently stepping into your throws tells a lot. That said I think things will improve going forward.
Ego, its a MFer and coaches always struggle with it

Latest write up on Oregon recruiting. Doesn’t seem to be any change.

@Cribby Is ****ey fools gold at this point or can a strong finish + sweet NIL deal at least make us check this thread in December?

There’s still communication and a chance he visits again. If not you know the likely answer.

@JamesQuall What’s the statute of limitations on this?
He knew what he was doing. You know what to do!

How It Works Wild West GIF by Old Sea Brigade

Advertisement
I guess we're not getting **** time to close thread
GIF by Demic

Odysseus!! You are being served. Not only was this a bad joke, but one that has been tried many times in this thread.

The Greek God you are named after is known for his intellectual brilliance. I had to google it, but that is beside the point. You showed a lack of with this joke.

Rather than sentencing you to time away from CIS, I’m going much harsher. You are hereby sentenced to read every post on CIS since the MTSU game. If that doesn’t reform you, then the system is flawed.

Have a good day sir

@JamesQuall Thank you for the legal advice counselor

1666379608442.gif

Advertisement
GIF by Demic

Odysseus!! You are being served. Not only was this a bad joke, but one that has been tried many times in this thread.

The Greek God you are named after is known for his intellectual brilliance. I had to google it, but that is beside the point. You showed a lack of with this joke.

Rather than sentencing you to time away from CIS, I’m going much harsher. You are hereby sentenced to read every post on CIS since the MTSU game. If that doesn’t reform you, then the system is flawed.

Have a good day sir

@JamesQuall Thank you for the legal advice counselor

View attachment 211872
Can I appeal this sentence lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back