2023 UM trying to lure 5 star WR Jurrion ****ey Offered, Palo Alto, CA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
If we lose all but Joseph with the local receivers, a kid like this would at least make me feel better!

And risk the chance of missing you post some more senseless bull****? Deal.
desmond howard fly swatter GIF by College GameDay

Advertisement
Agree that those guys were studs and the you need to bring in studs at the skills position. But historically, he places a premium on :

DL/OL/QB/DBs

those 4 positions. The line play allows the QB, The RBS and the WRs to do their thing. Whenever Saban overspent it was usually with OL/DL. Evan Neal one of the most recent examples.
DL = DT & DE
OL = T G & C
DB = CB & S
Plus QB you talking about 7 positions, only ones left are OLB MLB RB, TE, and WR lol. I'd agree filling QB + any 6 positions with elite talent will win you games

Reading the logic leaves from his post, seems pretty clear UL is offering something that can jeopardize players eligibility.

Thus, us still having a chance with player would make him not want to spill the beans.

Don't have to be so aggressive when somebody won't share 100% truth. Many reasons.
If a player being paid while in HS doesn’t jeopardize eligibility, what will?

OK....somebody please help me understand this.

At this going rate, if you're signing 8 five-stars and 20 four-stars, as Texas A&M did last year, you're looking at something like $75M per class. So if you're attempting to do that every year you have a payroll of $75M per year.

There is no way that is sustainable. You're talking about 100's of millions of dollars being spent in very short time periods. With no return on investment.
As much as I would like to have this kid in the class, if the rumors are true about $6 mill, there ain’t no way I pay him that.

This isn’t the NFL. No way any unproven high school cat should be making that right off the cuff. Young man is very talented, with high upside, but has not played a down of college ball.

It’s easy for us as fans to demand “getting it done” when it ain’t our money on the line.

Advertisement
DL = DT & DE
OL = T G & C
DB = CB & S
Plus QB you talking about 7 positions, only ones left are OLB MLB RB, TE, and WR lol. I'd agree filling QB + any 6 positions with elite talent will win you games
I'll make it simpler - QB, EDGE, WR and CB. Online will not be a problem under Mario so there really isn't even a point worrying about it imo. Those 4 are the positions will be what we can use to determine how talented our roster is as a whole.

As much as I would like to have this kid in the class, if the rumors are true about $6 mill, there ain’t no way I pay him that.

This isn’t the NFL. No way any unproven high school cat should be making that right off the cuff. Young man is very talented, with high upside, but has not played a down of college ball.

It’s easy for us as fans to demand “getting it done” when it ain’t our money on the line.
Think it depends on the evaluation I feel Sammy Watkins turned clemson around Amari Cooper started a run of wr for Bama. If he's that guy have to try atleast.

I’d rather give 2 mill to pancake, 2 mill to David Hicks, last 2 mill to Cormani in exchange

Advertisement
Advertisement
We asked to play with the big boys..... We're now on their playground. We can't just win a few battles and then tuck our tales when we get punched in the mouth. Fvck that! Do whatever it takes to make this kid a Cane.
.... I'm kinda mad no one told me I spelled *tails incorrectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back