2023 UM trying to lure 5 star WR Jurrion ****ey Offered, Palo Alto, CA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah I disagree. This is how you build a team . This is how Saban built Bama.
Land these monsters up front first as the building blocks and wins will come.
eventually we will land elite WRs. Actually we have what I consider possibly the
most dynamic playmaker in FL in Ray Ray.

But I thought if u verbal to UM u can't reach these levels?

Advertisement
It's OK to disagree this is a safe space. More power to you. In actuality he brought in a guy named Julio Jones at WR and a guy names Mark Ingram at RB. He followed that up by bringing in Eddie Lacy and Trenton Richardson the following year. Rewrite history however suits your narrative but in 2022 building an OL does not make your team elite.
Yea u need the elites everywhere not just the trenches. He built bama by building every position

It's OK to disagree this is a safe space. More power to you. In actuality he brought in a guy named Julio Jones at WR and a guy names Mark Ingram at RB. He followed that up by bringing in Eddie Lacy and Trenton Richardson the following year. Rewrite history however suits your narrative but in 2022 building an OL does not make your team elite.

I disagree. The trenches are more important than WR, especially with all the negative recruiting against us at those positions. A team with a great OL/DL can always be competitive. Also, Ingram wasn’t more of a stud than the guys we currently have on our roster. As evidenced by his NFL career, those trench bullies made him look good…
4D250E7E-11D9-4AC8-9DB3-EE6848910DA1.png

Last edited:
Mauigoa will win you games because it makes your rbs, QBs and WRs that much better. You give QBs more time
to throw, your wrs benefit. You open bigger lanes for your rbs they benefit. There is a reason why Bama is in the national title contention every year. The teams that put a heavy emphasis on the line play will win more games and that will lead to better recruiting at other positions like WR.

Now for Miami this cycle, The most important positions are OL, WR and LB. Those are the weaknesses on our current roster. OL might be a strength now hit Zion about to dip and there is very little depth there.

So yea ****ey would be for me #3 on our board after Samson and Mauigoa in terms of need with Ray Ray right behind.
If we really be honest about that bama team last year you’d see they made it that far because of bryce/jamo and the other wrs. Their trenches wasn’t elite as a whole, especially the oline but when u have elite skill guys and a qb u can make up for all of that

Advertisement
If we really be honest about that bama team last year you’d see they made it that far because of bryce/jamo and the other wrs. Their trenches wasn’t elite as a whole, especially the oline but when u have elite skill guys and a qb u can make up for all of that
only because UGA had a crappy QB. They have an average/ above average guy there they win by 3 tds.

only because UGA had a crappy QB. They have an average/ above average guy there they win by 3 tds.
Jamo and metchie dont get hurt and bama young wrs catch the ball uga loses the game. If oline and dline was so superior over wr bama would’ve never beat them first and be in the 2nd game

Advertisement

I disagree. The trenches are more important than WR, especially with all the negative recruiting against us at those positions. A team with a great OL/DL can always be competitive. Also, Ingram wasn’t more of a stud than the guys we currently have on our roster. As evidenced by his NFL career, those trench bullies made him look good…View attachment 204443
Exactly I’ve seen a single d line man take over and win a game
Even last year jermaine Johnson had a bigger impact than any wr
A wr is still a dependent position
That depends on a qb who depends on oline

I disagree. The trenches are more important than WR, especially with all the negative recruiting against us at those positions. A team with a great OL/DL can always be competitive. Also, Ingram wasn’t more of a stud than the guys we currently have on our roster. As evidenced by his NFL career, those trench bullies made him look good…View attachment 204443
Yea winning the Heisman is pretty pedestrian. Please share more incite. Tag me so I can skip over it.

You could say the same for Bama and their missing wide receivers and DBs. The fact is, neither of those teams, as a whole, were elite. The rest of college football just sucked.

Advertisement

Bruh, Mark Ingram has run for 8k yards in the NFL. WTF are you talking about? That’s not HOF material but that is good enough for 50th best all time. I would be stunned that any of the guys we have on our roster run for that. Maybe Citizen cause we don’t know how good he will be.

Advertisement
I’d agree with this for the most part. The only part I will say is that a QB trumps everything and if you have that QB get him those weapons.
I got to agree, QB is the most important position on the field.

But once you get him in the fold, I remember Archie Manning (the elder) with Mississippi and the Saints. He got the crap beat out of him. You got to protect the franchise and keep him upright.

Has basically lived out of a car with his mom at different times, yet doesn’t care about money nearly as much as most dudes. He’s a different cat. Going to turn into a monster after a year at a real training table with a college S&C program.
Thanks for the back story. Sounds like a mentally tough kid who has the type of DNA Mario wants to permeate within our locker room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back