2023 UM trying to lure 5 star WR Jurrion ****ey Offered, Palo Alto, CA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with the sentiment 100%. But there’s a lot more to it than that.

The issue here is money. The root of all evil. Everyone is hunky dory until someone tells you I’ll give you a few thousand to do X, Y, or Z. These kids usually do not come from money so if a person (I.e a coach or person connected to a certain school) says don’t go to your planned visit stay or go to X school for 5-10k or more then all bets are off.

You’re a 16-17 year old kid that’s been grinding your *** off and most of your family don’t or haven’t ever had money and someone says here’s several grand to do something simple. You’re telling me if you’re in that situation, you wouldn’t do it? As others have said everyone is about instant gratification (everyone not just this generation but all generations).

It takes a lot of sacrifice and a very high integrity person to say no in that situation. That doesn’t make these kids bad people, in fact most kids are good kids, it’s just that money can go a long way to helping la familia out.

I get you on that.

Integrity man, it's hard to say what anyone would do in this new world we're in where we had thay going and now we've got NIL.

You've been starving for so long, grinding, and it's pay day. Not necessarily today, but it could be. Gotta think the long game as you play it thay way, you're going to get paid when you're this recruit or another big one.

Kind of like showing your house that's for sale to five people who all want it rather than the first two through the door who've both submitted the offer. Five offers, you'll see the most money and who knows, one of those first two may be the biggest.

I'm not faulting anyone from the outside looking in. I don't know them, but if we have zero chance as that article seems to indicate you just eliminated a potential buyer. That's not going to help in the long run and you played yourself in the short term.

Advertisement
This thread seems quiet... too quiet. ****ey still in CG no?

Advertisement
@Liberty City El

How does Andy Jean compare to Romello Brinson as recruits? Who do you have rated higher in HS?

P.S. I know this post in unrelated to this thread but idk where to discuss considering all Jean threads are locked.

Advertisement
@Liberty City El

How does Andy Jean compare to Romello Brinson as recruits? Who do you have rated higher in HS?

P.S. I know this post in unrelated to this thread but idk where to discuss considering all Jean threads are locked.
Jean is the better route runner, has better hands & is physically bigger than Brinson was at this stage in HS.

Brinson is faster & has more athletic ability

Both have similar upside contingent on the offense they play & are developed in.

This is a real issue. Anyone raises this question and they’re attacked as a mope, etc.

It’s clear we’re still having trouble keeping the elite guys at home. Can and will Mario fix it? I’d bet on it—but it hasn’t happened yet. It’s obvious that currently we get better reception from national elites than local elites. How do we fix this?
Building relationships and results on the field.

I’m ecstatic for any young man that’s getting paid right now from college programs. I don’t give a **** what college it is. It’s long over due and I hope it never stops.

It’s great schools like atm, texas and alabaga are driving up the prices. That means a kid somewhere is getting a bag for himself or his family. ESPECIALLY for the young men whom are from economically challenged backgrounds and communities. IMO

Advertisement
You right, I went too far saying that. Just reading the tea leaves , they were in Miami several days beforehand without coming to campus before the BBQ and are staying several days after according to reports

If he’s saying the family purposely planned the vacation at this time SO they would be down here for the BBQ then that’s different
You do realize you'll are grown men trying to parse the interest of a potential recruit based on what his family may or may not have done?

Advertisement
What? Uhh, San Diego is a **** of a lot closer and you have the entire Pacific to fish all the way to Canada. So, I don't think Miami was JUST a vacation that just happened to coincide with the BBQ/Cookout.
I get your point which has been stated 20 times in this thread already

Still completely aside from the ****ey situation, I don’t think it’s true that people in one part of the country don’t want to visit another just because it’s similar to where they currently live.

I’ve lived in San Diego myself and that didn’t stop me from missing back home in Florida or wanting to go somewhere else with beaches, especially considering that Cali water sucks to swim in IMO

Last edited:
You do realize you'll are grown men trying to parse the interest of a potential recruit based on what his family may or may not have done?
And you realize you’re a grown man posting daily on a forum about teenagers who have no idea who you are and most likely never will ? Why are you even trying to talk down on somebody with less than half the posts you have and almost double the time here?

I get your point which has been stated 20 times in this thread already

Still completely aside from the ****ey situation, I don’t think it’s true that people in one part of the country don’t want to visit another just because it’s similar to where they currently live.

I’ve lived in San Diego myself and that didn’t stop me from missing back home in Florida or wanting to go somewhere else with beaches
It's too much of a coincidence and it's really not worth everyone getting all worked up. We've gotten ourselves use to grabbing hold of every little nugget and riding the recruiting rollercoaster.

I've come to realize it's just better NOT knowing how the sausage is made. I'm really just interested in 2 things and that's when they commit and when they sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back