2023 UM trying to lure 5 star WR Jurrion ****ey Offered, Palo Alto, CA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I don't think it's fair comparison. South Florida WRs are always looking to dip.

It’s a very fair comparison, you’re just one of the lunatics I was referencing.

insanity GIF
EA9EFED9-016F-40CD-B507-7CB736D88BEE.gif

Advertisement
The people that say that don't ever bother to think of anything except a fans perspective. Why shouldn't the kid who's bust his *** his whole life be able to have his recruitment his way? Who are any of y'all to tell a kid you don't deserve the simple decency and respect afforded to an individual or a program that asks for it a certain way. Cause it was Mario who wants it that way. Guess he has to placate everyone also... Y'all don't know what goes on Benning the scenes & there's a reason for it. Simply respect that process.

You're wasting your words here, man. As fans, it is just too easy to get locked into that perspective and forget the human element.

These young men have their own ideas and dreams for their future. And they are establishing relationships with coaches and staff. Some of these people/coaches have been in these players' lives on a weekly (or more) basis for literally years.

Our staff understands this. They understand it isn't easy when a kid gets a phone call from another team that's been recruiting him heavy or that he's committed to saying, "hey man, what's up? I thought we were good. Are you really going to UM this weekend instead of hanging with us?" They are confident that if they get a kid down here, they can show him why UM is the better fit. But they also know if that call happens because everyone and their mother finds out a kid is coming down, they may never get the chance to have the conversation face to face.

Advertisement
I just read through the Ducks 247 board to see what they picked up about ****ey...

Seems to be mixed feelings on what the trip to miami means.

Miamiduck, the guy who was so sure Mario wouldn't leave, is also sure ****ey will sign with Oregon. Interesting, seems he runs some kind of charter business down in Miami...
"Agreed he is not gone. Wouldn’t surprise me if he came down here to fish, and couldn’t go out because it is super windy down here. I haven’t been able to take our customers fishing in a week, due to cancellations."

Y'all really don't get it. #1 you're assuming because some *** clown reports on something that he's actually affecting the kids bigger picture of being able to visit. Reality is If he is actually that interested he's still going to visit but on his terms. We have kids who visit low key under wraps all the time for these exact reasons. Until a certain stage is reached in a recruitment it may be best to keep genuine interest known to few rather than many. Most importantly you forget this is a business. Kids are still paid well by schools,by boosters for access to their recruitments. They're paid for visits,they're paid for mentions and social media nonsense & they're paid for commitments. No matter what we're doing now with nil, paying kids for visits etc still ain't something we're gonna do. Why pay a kid to come to paradise. So if they're not being paid for that then they want other places as viable options still for that until a decision gets made and they come off the table.
This. To add more perspective, schools even pay kids to tweet about their visits to their school to give other athletes and their fans a perception of a buzz. Visits, commit (fake ones).

****, I know certain SEC schools that go as far as paying high school coaches to push their agenda. There is no shame in this game especially if you have the funds to establish it.

I just read through the Ducks 247 board to see what they picked up about ****ey...

Miamiduck, the guy who was so sure Mario wouldn't leave, is also sure ****ey will sign with Oregon. Interesting, seems he runs some kind of charter business down in Miami...
"Agreed he is not gone. Wouldn’t surprise me if he came down here to fish, and couldn’t go out because it is super windy down here. I haven’t been able to take our customers fishing in a week, due to cancellations."
Lol at it wouldn’t surprise him if he came down here to fish. Unbelievable.

Advertisement
Lol at it wouldn’t surprise him if he came down here to fish. Unbelievable.
Bruh… there’s a whole lotta fishing in between Cali and South Fla. He could have went basically ANYWHERE (Fresh or Saltwater) ….. but he’s in Miami. Fuccin’ Stevie Wonder can see that something is going on. If he can’t see that, then he’s in denial.

Advertisement

That’s some grade A spinning right there.

If he's sure he'll sign with Oregon that makes me feel great based off recent history alone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back