2023 UM trying to lure 5 star WR Jurrion ****ey Offered, Palo Alto, CA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Now imagine if a South FlorIda recruit that loved boating showed up in Cali the weekend of a big recruiting BBQ for USC. He’s there on “ vacation, he wants to boat “ but shows up to that event during the “ vacation“ . On top of that the USC coach was recruiting him hard at his previous job in a nearby state. Now what would the lunatics be saying here ? Lol.
Miami people under-index percentage wise in California tourism…

California people under-index percentage wise in Miami tourism…

why? Baseline both have weather, beaches, and vibrant culture, major parts of tourist decision points

this was coincidental build a vacation around a business trip tourism

only the willfully blind or tragically stupid don’t get it

We're talking recruiting here. Kids actually choose to sign with schools for some of the most illogical, nonsensical, uneducated reasons known to man, and some of you think a kid wouldn't do the same thing when deciding to eliminate/not visit a school? As others have already stated there are very valid reasons why a leak may dissuade a kid from visiting. However, even if you believe a leak is an illogical reason for deciding not to visit, how can you ignore the fact that kids make illogical recruiting decisions all of the time?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Wasn’t it one of Hamilton’s assistants that leaked Pitino because they/Hamilton felt entitled to name his successor?
I actually got that story from coach Hamilton when we were sitting around talking in Atlanta not too long ago. He wanted to be able to bring in that perry dude and felt he should be able to decide who is best to keep the vision for the program he felt responsible for. Didn't think Pitino would be good long term because of collateral damage in violations etc.

Top 10 post of the year.
Now imagine if a South FlorIda recruit that loved boating showed up in Cali the weekend of a big recruiting BBQ for USC. He’s there on “ vacation, he wants to boat “ but shows up to that event during the “ vacation“ . On top of that the USC coach was recruiting him hard at his previous job in a nearby state. Now what would the lunatics be saying here ? Lol.

Advertisement
Cribby always speaks the truth.

I actually got that story from coach Hamilton when we were sitting around talking in Atlanta not too long ago. He wanted to be able to bring in that perry dude and felt he should be able to decide who is best to keep the vision for the program he felt responsible for. Didn't think Pitino would be good long term because of collateral damage in violations etc.
No offense to you but a coach leaving thinking they should have any say in their successor and they don’t have the coach k kind of history there is arrogant as ****…. Even if he may have been right

Great question and I don’t think anyone is arguing against that.

However, playing devils advocate, as you say it’s the kids choice…not gabys, not fermins, not bamas, not UFs, or any school for that matter. So why in the **** would they shut down a visit where they have genuine interest because of some media type releasing info or better yet a UF begging them not to come??

It’s excuses point blank.

If a kid is genuinely interested in the program and visiting then who gives a **** what some dork in the media says.
Y'all really don't get it. #1 you're assuming because some *** clown reports on something that he's actually affecting the kids bigger picture of being able to visit. Reality is If he is actually that interested he's still going to visit but on his terms. We have kids who visit low key under wraps all the time for these exact reasons. Until a certain stage is reached in a recruitment it may be best to keep genuine interest known to few rather than many. Most importantly you forget this is a business. Kids are still paid well by schools,by boosters for access to their recruitments. They're paid for visits,they're paid for mentions and social media nonsense & they're paid for commitments. No matter what we're doing now with nil, paying kids for visits etc still ain't something we're gonna do. Why pay a kid to come to paradise. So if they're not being paid for that then they want other places as viable options still for that until a decision gets made and they come off the table.

You guided out of flamingo? Been fishing it for over 15 years. What’s your name? Flamingo isn’t supposed to compare to Louisiana. What flamingo has is the access to the keys where you can catch bonefish, permit, tarpon, redfish, snook all in the same areas. Not including offshore species or meat fish. But yeah lousiana is epic in its own right as well. Just different
Flamingo’s been my family’s favorite spot since the 70’s. I live in SC now and haven’t made it down for a couple years. I miss the **** out of it. I try to tell people about it here and they don’t believe half the stories.

Advertisement
I'll give you two instances for grown *** men. You determine their success. #1 gruden. There was smoke behind that. Nowhere near as much as spermin made it out to be when he tried to steal the scoop. But there was legit interest from both sides. #2 Rick petrino. He actually did have a deal that was reached with us when he was trying to leave the NBA. The man was very specific about letting it be known on his terms. Several days later it was leaked and he simply turned around and acted like we were crazy. We're they successful?
The Rick story ****es me off til this day. Miami basketball should be a powerhouse

No offense to you but a coach leaving thinking they should have any say in their successor and they don’t have the coach k kind of history there is arrogant as ****…. Even if he may have been right
Why would it be an offense to me. I agree completely with what you're saying. No matter what the end view would be of violations etc petino still would've shot this program up to meteric heights. He obviously just had an issue with petino and I told him as much.

Impressed he owned up to it. Unfortunately Perry Clark was terrible at Miami. To his credit, Perry Clark was Tulane’s coach right after they almost got rid of the basketball program and actually had success there. In the 80s there was a frat that was selling a lot of coke and then was paying players to shave points and the whole thing blew up in a very public manner.

Advertisement
Y'all really don't get it. #1 you're assuming because some *** clown reports on something that he's actually affecting the kids bigger picture of being able to visit. Reality is If he is actually that interested he's still going to visit but on his terms. We have kids who visit low key under wraps all the time for these exact reasons. Until a certain stage is reached in a recruitment it may be best to keep genuine interest known to few rather than many. Most importantly you forget this is a business. Kids are still paid well by schools,by boosters for access to their recruitments. They're paid for visits,they're paid for mentions and social media nonsense & they're paid for commitments. No matter what we're doing now with nil, paying kids for visits etc still ain't something we're gonna do. Why pay a kid to come to paradise. So if they're not being paid for that then they want other places as viable options still for that until a decision gets made and they come off the table.
That is wild to me that some schools pay a kid to visit their campus with no guarantee of any kind of commitment. I would visit every school that did this then go to the university I wanted when it was all said and done. How much money are we talking they would pay for a visit?

That is wild to me that some schools pay a kid to visit their campus with no guarantee of any kind of commitment. I would visit every school that did this then go to the university I wanted when it was all said and done. How much money are we talking they would pay for a visit?

What do you think Ruben Bain is doing

Anywhere from 10-75k

Miami people under-index percentage wise in California tourism…

California people under-index percentage wise in Miami tourism…

why? Baseline both have weather, beaches, and vibrant culture, major parts of tourist decision points

this was coincidental build a vacation around a business trip tourism

only the willfully blind or tragically stupid don’t get it
Yeah, I am from Miami and live in Northern Cali now. The premise of a small few that this is just a coincidence is grounds for ignore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back