2023 UM trying to lure 5 star WR Jurrion ****ey Offered, Palo Alto, CA

Status
Not open for further replies.
The people that say that don't ever bother to think of anything except a fans perspective. Why shouldn't the kid who's bust his *** his whole life be able to have his recruitment his way? Who are any of y'all to tell a kid you don't deserve the simple decency and respect afforded to an individual or a program that asks for it a certain way. Cause it was Mario who wants it that way. Guess he has to placate everyone also... Y'all don't know what goes on Benning the scenes & there's a reason for it. Simply respect that process.
You're explaining this to a bunch of biches.

Advertisement
With respect to everybody I will never buy a kid not coming because his commitment got leaked. That's just an excuse for somebody who was unsure.
Speaking hypothetically. A kid is committed to a different school but we’ve kept recruiting him. Instead of being 100% it’s now 70/30. We are able to get him to visit on the down low. Name gets leaked and coach at the committed school gets wind of it and has him shut his recruitment down. You don’t buy that as a possibility?

Speaking hypothetically. A kid is committed to a different school but we’ve kept recruiting him. Instead of being 100% it’s now 70/30. We are able to get him to visit on the down low. Name gets leaked and coach at the committed school gets wind of it and has him shut his recruitment down. You don’t buy that as a possibility?
I think he’s referencing Dijon, not ****ey. The belief being that people publicly posted Dijon was coming down to Miami which prompted Billy to have Dijon shut down his recruitment.

I don’t buy that. If the kid is visiting Florida and on the verge of decommitting then you obviously know he’s also considering other schools. If you’re a coach and you get him on campus you’re going to do whatever you can to seal the deal right then and there.

This isn’t rocket science. People blaming reporters for leaking are choosing a narrative that helps them sleep at night.

Advertisement
No, how can any coach make a recruit shut down their recruitment? Recruit can visit whoever the **** he wants.

No, how can any coach make a recruit shut down their recruitment? Recruit can visit whoever the **** he wants.
Maybe the kid is still feeling pretty good about first school and still wants to go there but just wants to make sure by exploring his options.
First school head coach says "no..shut it down or lose your spot."

Like was said, kid is still 70% sure he wants to go to the first school. Is it worth the risk of losing his spot there to explore other options. What if he explores other options and decides the first school is still his best choice?

Advertisement
The people that say that don't ever bother to think of anything except a fans perspective. Why shouldn't the kid who's bust his *** his whole life be able to have his recruitment his way? Who are any of y'all to tell a kid you don't deserve the simple decency and respect afforded to an individual or a program that asks for it a certain way. Cause it was Mario who wants it that way. Guess he has to placate everyone also... Y'all don't know what goes on Benning the scenes & there's a reason for it. Simply respect that process.
Great question and I don’t think anyone is arguing against that.

However, playing devils advocate, as you say it’s the kids choice…not gabys, not fermins, not bamas, not UFs, or any school for that matter. So why in the **** would they shut down a visit where they have genuine interest because of some media type releasing info or better yet a UF begging them not to come??

It’s excuses point blank.

If a kid is genuinely interested in the program and visiting then who gives a **** what some dork in the media says.

You really thoght this was a vacation and he just happened to stop by Miami ? Their vacation just happened to coincide with a big recruiting event at UM? Come on dude lol.
That really doesn’t sound far fetched to me at all . I’d love to be wrong but the kid doesn’t seem to be that interested in us . Which he said himself in an interview yesterday . It’s not possible btwn discussions with the staff it came up that he’d be in Miami for vacation with his family and they asked him to stop by the campus?

Yal making it seem like he came down just for the BBQ when yal know **** well he didn’t

Last edited:
That really doesn’t sound far fetched to me at all . I’d love to be wrong but the kid doesn’t seem to be that interested in us . Which he said himself in an interview yesterday . It’s not possible btwn discussions with the staff it came up that he’d be in Miami for vacation with his family and they asked him to stop by the campus

Yal making it seem like he came down just for the BBQ when yal know **** well he didn’t
What did he come down for? Or it was just a coincidence that the vacation happened on the same weekend?

That really doesn’t sound far fetched to me at all . I’d love to be wrong but the kid doesn’t seem to be that interested in us . Which he said himself in an interview yesterday . It’s not possible btwn discussions with the staff it came up that he’d be in Miami for vacation with his family and they asked him to stop by the campus

I wouldn’t go so far to say we “know **** well he didn’t” but I do agree that it’s really not all that strange that a family would visit Miami this time of the year.

My question is were his parents with him at the BBQ? If yes, then I would err on the side of him having definite interest. If no, then……

Advertisement
I wouldn’t go so far to say we “know **** well he didn’t” but I do agree that it’s really not all that strange that a family would visit Miami this time of the year.

My question is were his parents with him at the BBQ? If yes, then I would err on the side of him having definite interest. If no, then……
You right, I went too far saying that. Just reading the tea leaves , they were in Miami several days beforehand without coming to campus before the BBQ and are staying several days after according to reports

If he’s saying the family purposely planned the vacation at this time SO they would be down here for the BBQ then that’s different

Ok never really post but have to in this case bc I know first hand; I played D1 soccer and played on an elite team where like all of us were recruited. Here is a true story oof why leaks impact recruiting….

There were 6 amazingly talented kids on my team that were all being recruited by big time soccer programs, one of the local schools was taking with them behind the scenes, and they all started loving the idea playing together and saw the blueprint of the team being built around them. Those 6 would have changed the trajectory of the school no doubt. However, somehow it got leaked and let’s just say other schools got wind and made it very hard for the kids to turn down the other schools. They ended up at different schools.

So due to a leak, a school can up their offer, make it hard on the kid to pass things up, etc alll bc word got out.

Advertisement
You right, I went too far saying that. Just reading the tea leaves , they were in Miami several days beforehand without coming to campus before the BBQ and are staying several days after according to reports

If he’s saying the family purposely planned the vacation at this time SO they would be down here for the BBQ then that’s different
It’s likely he did come to campus before BBQ and we just don’t know it. Happens all the time

Not what I said at all and I didn’t pretend to know what goes on behind the scenes

Of the names I saw leaked this week the only one I can think of I didn't see mentioned being there was the safety from Clemson. M'Pemba, Hall, ****ey, etc all were. So who else was publicly leaked that didn't show?
Jean and Dijon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back