UM, Simpson pursuing 2022 FSU DE commit Kelly

View as article
Field is our inner city Miami recruiter. So ill say he did GREAT last year. He also was the guy on Arroyo and Keyshawn Smith fromt he west coast.
Hmm. I don’t see his name on a lot of those guys so didn’t realize he deserved credit for them. Kudos to him if so. Get us bissainthe.

Advertisement
It may be for some kids but maybe not for him. He seems to be looking at how we develop closely. There wasn't much development for Rousseau, he was an evaluation coup. Phillips and and Roche were here only a year. We also have the recent history of Chad Thomas, Joe Jackson and Jon Garvin to factor in. How would their development sway his thinking?
They had multiple coaches. All of those guys played for multiple coaches at Miami. I think Jess definitely wins in developing. DL was ridiculous his year here.

How much players you know that left the game for awhile..came back and performed like Phillips?.

Who are the de's that havent developed here in the last 5-6 years?.

We develop kids at TE and DE....as well as RB.

We suck at evals and developing at certain other positions. Those are facts and stuff i agree with you on.

My issue is you are equating the de and te position and lumping them with development at all the other positions. It doesnt work like that..we have different coaches at different positions. For years we had a high school level coach..corching our cbs. How much would you like to bet we get better at evals and development at db pretty soon?.

I didnt even see the genetics with Rousseau. (i thought he had a narrow frame that might not be able to handle weight) We had to develop him persay as this is a kid that played small school ball..and not really at dline. Anything he learned as a dlineman came from UM,...i literally stood 3 feet away and watched Jess Simpson lead him into technique and drills the spring he got here. I immediately came back on the board and ate crow as to what i saw i knew the kid would be an issue moving forward. P.S. I Played Left Tackle in college. Tackle and DE are the positions i can watch for 5 mins and evaluate at a high level.
I'm surprised gogeta u missed with Greg....when I saw him he looked like a phenom. Never understood why the big boys never got involved. I think those schools did not like his first step or they did not know where TF to put him lol.

I agree to. Not even Bama can sell it...Because essentially their DE's are two gap dts here. There de's dont even make a lot of plays in their scheme.
But OSU definately can..they crank out some freak shows at de. Clemson does a good job too..BUT alot of their de's bust out at the next level...bcause there dt's are the true real reason for the success.
Facts bama is a DT factory

I think we checked all of his boxes, **** Simpson was hired by Dan Quinn, one of the, if not the best DC in the NFL. Some how I think this kid is set on FSU :

Advertisement
All 3 cash nfl checks. What are we factoring?. lol @ their wasnt much development for rousseau...He never really even played DL in high school. Phillips retired from football..and Roche developed here in ayear and upped his nfl stock. Yall folks crazy
Although I agree getting drafted high helps in the marketing, this kid (by his own words) is specifically looking at development from year to year to year. From that perspective, whether they are cashing NFL checks is not the point, but whether they reached their potential.

Most seem to have a short memory if they don't recall that Chad Thomas came in a highly rated 5* that most thought was All American bound. Yet many on this very site were disappointed in his Jr and Sr years. The same people that probably thought that Garvin and Jackson topped out their sophomore years.

He is committed to FSU. Are you lost?. Who tf have they developed on the DL. They have countless 4 or 5 star recruits that look like sh*t on the dl.
Nope, not lost. And their lack of development should be used against them. Just taking the kids words at face value.

And if you know the kid personally and can assert for a fact that he's just blowing smoke then spill the beans.

So you now give manny the credit for ‘developing’ our DEs? Okay. Too bad he couldn’t develop any LBs he recruited when he actually recruited and coached LBs.
:roll-canes2::ibis-roflmao-sm3::roll-canes2:
The point on simpson and field is clear enough. you were dissing rumph as a HS coach. rumph did a lot more on the field than either of them. Simpson had like one season as an assistant something or other, not a position coach, in the nfl before joining us. Fields was no great college coach. You’re overselling the differences, imo. Rumph isn’t a god recruiter. I get that. Been saying so for four years here.

Advertisement
I'm surprised gogeta u missed with Greg....when I saw him he looked like a phenom. Never understood why the big boys never got involved. I think those schools did not like his first step or they did not know where TF to put him lol.
He played at a small school. Champagnat who have a big talent advantage on most schools they play. (though champagnat suits up wth big boys to).
I initialy saw him as a big wr. Its what he always played while younger and what he was shopping himself as. I didnt think he had the frame to gain the weight to be on the dl and actually be physical. He was playing safety on defense and some line backer.

I was a fan of Chatfield who went to UF over him but i had a bias there lol

I MISSED. Seen him maybe 2 months later up close n personal and came on the board too say LOOK TF OUT for this freak show.

He played at a small school. Champagnat who have a big talent advantage on most schools they play. (though champagnat suits up wth big boys to).
I initialy saw him as a big wr. Its what he always played while younger and what he was shopping himself as. I didnt think he had the frame to gain the weight to be on the dl and actually be physical. He was playing safety on defense and some line backer.

I was a fan of Chatfield who went to UF over him but i had a bias there lol

I MISSED. Seen him maybe 2 months later up close n personal and came on the board too say LOOK TF OUT for this freak show.
Yo he gained weight fast af here...he looked like a different type of beast. I remember saying kid had Durant type arms he was just slamming kids with one hand in his hs film. When they said they were putting him on the DL I was hella intrigued. Who's decision was that Coach Kul?

I also wanted Chatfield just because

Although I agree getting drafted high helps in the marketing, this kid (by his own words) is specifically looking at development from year to year to year. From that perspective, whether they are cashing NFL checks is not the point, but whether they reached their potential.

Most seem to have a short memory if they don't recall that Chad Thomas came in a highly rated 5* that most thought was All American bound. Yet many on this very site were disappointed in his Jr and Sr years. The same people that probably thought that Garvin and Jackson topped out their sophomore years.
I dont think anyone was disappointed in chad's jr and sr year...it was his fresh and soph playing in a ****** scheme

Advertisement
Yo he gained weight fast af here...he looked like a different type of beast. I remember saying kid had Durant type arms he was just slamming kids with one hand in his hs film. When they said they were putting him on the DL I was hella intrigued. Who's decision was that Coach Kul?

It was Manny. He had to convince KUL.

Advertisement

he came here as a dl. i think it was simpson not kul - kul was garvin. GR didn't switch positions after getting here.

chatfield was an interesting kid. I got caught up in thinking early on we should offer him because he had some real supporters in the fan base but tbh as the senior year unfolded didn't think we missed out there.

he came here as a dl. i think it was simpson not kul - kul was garvin. GR didn't switch positions after getting here.

chatfield was an interesting kid. I got caught up in thinking early on we should offer him because he had some real supporters in the fan base but tbh as the senior year unfolded didn't think we missed out there.
I watched the most of AH live on the board at the time. And i watched Chatfield and Brian Burns be complete missiles with their get off on the ball. Chatfield flashed some games even more so than Burns. Which is why i was so high on him. Brian Burns went to FSU and tore stuff up and is now one of the better pass rushers in the nfl as a younging.

Chatfield issue is sort of a tweener..he is/was a lot like Thomas Davis from this current class.

Even more interesting is Brian Burns was supposed to go to Dillard. He live by the school and his whole family went there.

Has been said in other thread and this one but Dillard high school produces an insane amount of div 1 Defensive Lineman (Bryalen Ingraham was at Dillard until his sr year as well, Jon Ford a dillard kid). They can win 1 game a season and they still would have a div 1 lineman sign. Kelly is another on a looooong list of Dillard defensive lineman to go to college.

I watched the most of AH live on the board at the time. And i watched Chatfield and Brian Burns be complete missiles with their get off on the ball. Chatfield flashed some games even more so than Burns. Which is why i was so high on him. Brian Burns went to FSU and tore stuff up and is now one of the better pass rushers in the nfl as a younging.

Chatfield issue is sort of a tweener..he is/was a lot like Thomas Davis from this current class.

Even more interesting is Brian Burns was supposed to go to Dillard. He live by the school and his whole family went there.

Has been said in other thread and this one but Dillard high school produces an insane amount of div 1 Defensive Lineman (Bryalen Ingraham was at Dillard until his sr year as well, Jon Ford a dillard kid). They can win 1 game a season and they still would have a div 1 lineman sign. Kelly is another on a looooong list of Dillard defensive lineman to go to college.
I remember you being high on chatfield. and honestly, i didn't have anything other than a gut feeling to lose confidence in him as a prospect. he just seemed like a tweener. and there was something weird about him in the interviews and in his recruitment if i recall correctly. like he thought he was better than he was. but i got mad respect for your personal view watching kids.

I remember you being high on chatfield. and honestly, i didn't have anything other than a gut feeling to lose confidence in him as a prospect. he just seemed like a tweener. and there was something weird about him in the interviews and in his recruitment if i recall correctly. like he thought he was better than he was. but i got mad respect for your personal view watching kids.
Yea those Heritage kids were high sailing. I mean it was he, Burns lil Pat Surtain, Tyson, Nesta and they all are real close. They were sort of cokcky because they allr eceive some big offers from early on. But they all have been somewhat productive in college and are good kids. Chatfield played alot last year and had some production i think 3 sacks. But yes hes a tweener type at 6'1-6'2 with not much length.

I have some guys that I go all in (Prop Joe guys)..these are kids i likely seen alot live or atleast in a camp setting. I havent missed on much of those.
Even with Nesta i was the first to mention him on here...he was a sophomore offensive guard then...and i stated he was a better prospect than Herbert. Also stated Herbert shouldnt play until his 3rd year and would be a project.

Kelly is one of the guys ill put in the boat. I like him alot as a prospect.

Advertisement
Back