UM, Simpson pursuing 2022 FSU DE commit Kelly

They legitimately had the DILLARD 5 back in like 1993 with:

James Bostic(#33), Brian Robinson(#20), Frank Sanders(#81), Calvin Jackson(#8) and Otis Mounds(#2).

We havent signed 5 players from Dillard combined in the time ive been alive.

Since then every few years they sign a Dillard kid or two. They are in the double digits of Dillard Hs signees
Forgot about Schwartz.

Advertisement
Yall do realize Dillard has been a pipeline school for Auburn since like the 80s right?.

I mean they have gotten 5x the amount of players to go there than we have. They also hand out money in mcdonalds bags on trips ...just random "boosters'..not to say Kelly is into that but Auburn has had Dillard connections for years...there lil rb Strivers techincallly played at Chaminade...but even HE is a Lauderdale kid that likely would of went to Dillard.
Harry Adams, Antwone Carter, JR Rosegreen. All Dillard to Auburn pipeline guys.

Advertisement
We need this kid. Our ends need an upgrade like no other. Simpson is not as advertised and a terrible recruiter (see Jallar Holley as evidence). McCloud is not coming back for his last year of medical school either (7th year) and we didn’t get any penetration to force opposing QBs either.

Does anyone know how 2023 looks at DE and LB talent? I am shocked that we are going to whiff again. I hope that whoever we hire brings some with him and also tilts the recruits in our favor. Kids exist in the ports for a reason and relying on it is only going to hold us back.
McCloud is coming back with Patchan so we’ll have two 30 yr old bookends tearing it up against the college kids.

Advertisement
Brian Robinson, Pat Sims, Demetric Westbrook, i mean **** like i said Dillard High School may have had 20 kids go to Auburn over the years.

It actually might be one of the best pipelines ever in s.fla for an out of state school.
Don't forget McClover. Also the AU to Dillard pipeline started with Mounds. He got in some trouble in high school and asked Pat Dye (AU's coach) to give him a chance and he did.
Funny story. Rumor has it dude was redshirting his first year and was literally in the stands watching the game. AU had a rash of injuries and they had the PA guy call Mounds over the PA system to come to the field. I kid you not. Dude literally went from watching the game in street clothes to playing.. LOL

Don't forget McClover. Also the AU to Dillard pipeline started with Mounds. He got in some trouble in high school and asked Pat Dye (AU's coach) to give him a chance and he did.
Funny story. Rumor has it dude was redshirting his first year and was literally in the stands watching the game. AU had a rash of injuries and they had the PA guy call Mounds over the PA system to come to the field. I kid you not. Dude literally went from watching the game in street clothes to playing.. LOL

Mounds was part of the bostic, sanders, etc crew, no? I forgot the safety kid - what was his name? Iirc he was the best of the bunch.

Advertisement
Mounds was part of the bostic, sanders, etc crew, no? I forgot the safety kid - what was his name? Iirc he was the best of the bunch.
Probably thinking of Brian Robinson. Mounds was actually there first. He came the year before JB, Frank ,etc.

Advertisement
yea i played against Mcclover (did a petty good job on him)...Mcclovers younger bro is Brian Burns who plays for carolina panthers alot of ppl dont know that. Two brothers ended up playing for the same nfl team.

LOl @ mOUNDS HE IS A COLLEGE COACH NOW I BELIEVE

yea i played against Mcclover (did a petty good job on him)...Mcclovers younger bro is Brian Burns who plays for carolina panthers alot of ppl dont know that. Two brothers ended up playing for the same nfl team.

LOl @ mOUNDS HE IS A COLLEGE COACH NOW I BELIEVE

Yeah I heard a while back that Mounds was a college coach. Didn't know if he was still coaching. Funny thing about McClover is he later said that he was paid at Auburn. That didn't go well for him. Lol

Question?

How does it work if a coach visits a player, then a new coach is hired.

Is the new coach aloud a visit as well?

Advertisement
Back