UM, Simpson pursuing 2022 FSU DE commit Kelly

Norvell and the staff are using the sympathy *****™ routine. Back in the day we would call guys who tried to feign hypersensitivity and neediness to women in order to psychologically make them feel needed and secretly get ***** the sympathy *****™ (yes I trademarked) routine.

Norvell is doing the same with the open declaration of their ****tiness that goes beyond saying come help bring us back, etc.
So like the Manchurian Candidate?

Advertisement
We need this kid. Our ends need an upgrade like no other. Simpson is not as advertised and a terrible recruiter (see Jallar Holley as evidence). McCloud is not coming back for his last year of medical school either (7th year) and we didn’t get any penetration to force opposing QBs either.

Does anyone know how 2023 looks at DE and LB talent? I am shocked that we are going to whiff again. I hope that whoever we hire brings some with him and also tilts the recruits in our favor. Kids exist in the ports for a reason and relying on it is only going to hold us back.

Advertisement
No surprise? Choosing to visit a 6-5 Auburn team that is about to lose their 4th game in a row over a longtime hometown school considered one of his favorites is surprising to me.

No surprise that it isn’t us. Again, I have felt that we have been slipping in this one for a while. We are about to strike out on all the big time edge guys down here in the most loaded year we have seen, lol.

Last edited:
Auburn lost to usc who almost lost to Vanderbilt. Actually the way usc’s dline is looking I think it would make more sense to visit them than auburn. Auburn provides no real upgrades over Miami

You're making a pretty wild assumption about a kid that he's basing the decision on where he's going to spend the next 3-4 years of his life on how his potential future team played in one game the year before he got there? There are about 1700 more factors that go into these decisions. #1701 is the fact that Auburn lost to a team who almost lost to another team.

Advertisement
No surprise that it isn’t us. Again, I have felt that we have been slipping in this one for a while. We are about to strike out on all the big time edge guys down here in the most loaded year we have seen, lol.
This should be a fireable offense for Manny all on it's own lol. Crazy to think just a few short months ago we were in the drivers seat for Shemar, Kelly, Lucas, K. Wilson, J. Singletary. God this is just the worst lol

This should be a fireable offense for Manny all on it's own lol. Crazy to think just a few short months ago we were in the drivers seat for Shemar, Kelly, Lucas, K. Wilson, J. Singletary. God this is just the worst lol
Manny is the John Gotti of cfb coaches.
He just keeps adding and adding fireable offenses to his resume and just keeps coaching.
Its like he belongs to the nyc teachers union.

No surprise? Choosing to visit a 6-5 Auburn team that is about to lose their 4th game in a row over a longtime hometown school considered one of his favorites is surprising to me.

Yall do realize Dillard has been a pipeline school for Auburn since like the 80s right?.

I mean they have gotten 5x the amount of players to go there than we have. They also hand out money in mcdonalds bags on trips ...just random "boosters'..not to say Kelly is into that but Auburn has had Dillard connections for years...there lil rb Strivers techincallly played at Chaminade...but even HE is a Lauderdale kid that likely would of went to Dillard.

Advertisement
Advertisement
But let’s keep Manuelitadepinga another year.

Yall do realize Dillard has been a pipeline school for Auburn since like the 80s right?.

I mean they have gotten 5x the amount of players to go there than we have. They also hand out money in mcdonalds bags on trips ...just random "boosters'..not to say Kelly is into that but Auburn has had Dillard connections for years...there lil rb Strivers techincallly played at Chaminade...but even HE is a Lauderdale kid that likely would of went to Dillard.
They’ve done well in Broward for a long time. I think Martavious Houston was one of the first Broward guys to go there and they’ve had Shivers and Harry Adams recently.

I’ve seen Kelly, Stewart and Jones, Jr. play live a couple of times this year. Stewart’s size and build are impressive, but his production isn’t on par with what you’d expect from him. Armella shut him down pretty good this season and he was a no-show against Gibbons last year.

Jones, Jr. has the pedigree, size and athletic ability, but he is another one who doesn’t produce like what you would expect.

Kelly is the best athlete of the three and did the best against Armella, but he takes too many plays off for my liking. When Kelly wants to play he’s pretty much unblockable.

It’s a shame UM may not get any of them.

They’ve done well in Broward for a long time. I think Martavious Houston was one of the first Broward guys to go there and they’ve had Shivers and Harry Adams recently.
They legitimately had the DILLARD 5 back in like 1993 with:

James Bostic(#33), Brian Robinson(#20), Frank Sanders(#81), Calvin Jackson(#8) and Otis Mounds(#2).

We havent signed 5 players from Dillard combined in the time ive been alive.

Since then every few years they sign a Dillard kid or two. They are in the double digits of Dillard Hs signees

Advertisement
Back