UM seeks clarity at defensive tackle and cornerback, with potentially good news at both

Advertisement
All that news is what I expect in the fall, but the thing I loved was Rumph and staff carving out a potential future for Malek Young.

No worries about DT... Nesta will be starting alongside Willis this season. And next year Nesta and Miller will be the starters and best duo in the country.

Advertisement
No worries about DT... Nesta will be starting alongside Willis this season. And next year Nesta and Miller will be the starters and best duo in the country.
DTs take longer than most any position to develop and be meaningful contributors. I expect at most 10 snaps per game for Nesta and probably less because I'm guessing he'll be WORKED in his first couple games. Next year he starts.

“Miller and Silvera look like what Miami d-tackles [should] look like,” Diaz said. “In a 4-3 Miami defense, the d-tackle position is where it all starts.”

Amen. Now that Manny has proven he knows what one looks like, he need to let them play the way one plays-- vicious assault on the pocket with meet me at the QB and play the run on the way. These two are freshmen but the get 4 free games to play in. I would play both as much as possible in two of the easier games and then save them for the big three big games at the end. ACC title game and the two playoff games(yes I have coolaid in a IV). Freshman don't usually end first year well if the play all season. It is too long for them, so save these two beasts to help with fresh legs and bear claws in those last two or three. We need to get pass Clemson so maybe spend -both or their 3 game there and then split them in the last two. I am not expecting them to start, just come in a raise havoc as dogs of war finally set loose.

Advertisement
Back