UM Recruiting Class Ranked Best in ACC

Advertisement

Perfect Game has us at number 6 - sounds closer to the truth based on how little we lost to the draft, but both are moving in the right direction. And the next two classes are stacked as well, if we can get them to campus. Have to now translate it to the field. We could be fun to watch again for the next few years.

Perfect Game has us at number 6 - sounds closer to the truth based on how little we lost to the draft, but both are moving in the right direction. And the next two classes are stacked as well, if we can get them to campus. Have to now translate it to the field. We could be fun to watch again for the next few years.

I thought Baseball America would have us a little higher, but it looks like a few of the schools ahead of us are there because they had multiple highly regarded Juco recruits. Just in terms of HS players I don't think there's any doubt the BA writers would say we have a top-10 class.

I looked up their rankings for the past 3 seasons and only 4 schools have had a top-12 class each year: Vandy, LSU, UF, and Miami. Definitely a good indication of where the talent level is on the 2020 team

Advertisement
Not only is FSU not in their Top 25, they also didn't make their "next 10" list https://www.baseballamerica.com/sto...iting-10-classes-that-just-missed-the-top-25/

That's why I never understood why FSU didn't just announce Martin Jr. as the successor in advance, like we did with DiMare. Martin Jr. was always going to be the choice, but that coaching uncertainty definitely hurt them in recruiting

Some of my fsu buddies didn't want them to hand the job over to Martin Jr. They weren't happy about that and wished that had went elsewhere and searched

Pitching recruits will be needed to be good right away, as the bullpen loses a few arms from a season ago. As for position players, depth is getting really thick (a good problem) so the amount of freshman in action could be somewhat lower.

Long term, DiMare is beginning to recruit at a Bama/Clemson football level. Returning All-American? Doesn't matter, get a blue-chip recruit at the same position. Even better yet, actually get him to campus, something that is already improving from the Morris era.

Miami vs Vandy could soon be baseball's version of Clemson vs Bama.

Advertisement
Pitching recruits will be needed to be good right away, as the bullpen loses a few arms from a season ago. As for position players, depth is getting really thick (a good problem) so the amount of freshman in action could be somewhat lower.

Long term, DiMare is beginning to recruit at a Bama/Clemson football level. Returning All-American? Doesn't matter, get a blue-chip recruit at the same position. Even better yet, actually get him to campus, something that is already improving from the Morris era.

Let's beat Florida in a series before you start saying those type of statements.

I could care less if we beat Florida or not. My concern is Omaha. I finally agree with the trolls for once and view Omaha as mandatory in 2020.

Slow down there trigger...lol...lets get back to a Super first....but I hope your right.

DiMare looks like he has figured out that losing the top 1/4 of your class to MLB does you no good.

Next we will see if developing what we retain will keep improving.

Pre season rankings is like trying to select the "Pick of the litter" from new born puppies. It will be many months before one pup outshines the others.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back