2024 UM offers 2024 DB Antione Jackson (Flips/Commits to Miami)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I’m against bend but don’t break more than anyone but I’m about over Ivey getting “show me your number’d”. Definition of insanity

Advertisement

The weird thing about this is that it looked like Ivey wasn't going fullspeed and only started doing so after it was apparent the ball was coming his way. I don't know if that is b/c he was expecting the safety to be there, but it was odd seeing him almost jogging and then turning it on 2/3 of the way through the play at which point it was too late.

The weird thing about this is that it looked like Ivey wasn't going fullspeed and only started doing so after it was apparent the ball was coming his way. I don't know if that is b/c he was expecting the safety to be there, but it was odd seeing him almost jogging and then turning it on 2/3 of the way through the play at which point it was too late.
He saw Blades was not where he was supposed to be. Both he and the WR run by Blades who is no man’s land

#8 doesn’t have any eligibility left does he? Lol
Denzel Washington Reaction GIF

🤞🏾

Advertisement
He saw Blades was not where he was supposed to be. Both he and the WR run by Blades who is no man’s land

Yup. That guy who shows up on the clip at the 2 second mark still in his back pedal with his eyes in the backfield and then disappears in a blur by the 3 second mark is Blades (who was supposed to be covering the back end).

Yeah - I get that Blades was supposed to be there and then he realized he wasnt and it was an 'oh ****' moment, but even if Blades was there should he not have been running harder to start with?

Yeah - I get that Blades was supposed to be there and then he realized he wasnt and it was an 'oh ****' moment, but even if Blades was there should he not have been running harder to start with?

Probably depends on the assignment. If Blades has the deep route and Ivey is covering short he likely doesn't need to be sprinting with the receiver since that would take him from the area he is supposed to cover. But when he notices Blades is not going to be where he is supposed to be he has to start sprinting to try and run down the receiver. Now Ivey likely should have at least jammed him especially if Blades was supposed to be that close the line to start just to help give Blades some time to get back but doesn't seem like Blades was even paying attention to the fact the receiver was going deep.

IIRC, KK left his spot to track the guy in motion to the other side, thereby leaving Ivey in man and with no support over top.

Advertisement
Back