UM offers 2022 WR Jacolby Spells

Advertisement
You mean what Brad literally said tonight?

Don't know what he said but Gaby over at ITU had this to say when someone over there spewed that "we don't want him" stuff.

"Man you gotta stop saying things like that that aren’t true. People will start to believe it and it’s absolutely not true. Can say with full confidence that Miami absolutely wants Spells. Does nobody any good to keep saying things like that that aren’t true. Notable people in that camp have referred to this very message board to try to make Spells feel like he’s not wanted here. You guys need to learn where and when to draw the line about stuff we’re constantly making clear. It’s our job to know these things and I’m telling you what you’re saying is not accurate."

I guess it boils down to who you believe. People pick & choose when they want to listen to Gaby though. Whenever it fits the narrative, they go with it and vice versa, lol. Knock yourself out, I'm done with it. because for the 68th time, we will be fine at CB with or without him. Going to be hilarious if the kid is trolling and does pick us on 7/4. Watching the theories on how he rose back up the board magically will be worth the price of admission.

Last edited:
Just let things play out guys... these kids haven't been able to have a normal recruiting experience until recently. Theyre going on visits and having a good time.

Let them... we have a competent recruiter and coach in TROB... just let it play out

These are my June vibes:

Tired Cowboy Bebop GIF

Don't know what he said but Gaby over at ITU had this to say when someone over there spewed that "we don't want him" stuff.

"Man you gotta stop saying things like that that aren’t true. People will start to believe it and it’s absolutely not true. Can say with full confidence that Miami absolutely wants Spells. Does nobody any good to keep saying things like that that aren’t true. Notable people in that camp have referred to this very message board to try to make Spells feel like he’s not wanted here. You guys need to learn where and when to draw the line about stuff we’re constantly making clear. It’s our job to know these things and I’m telling you what you’re saying is not accurate."

I guess it boils down to who you believe. People pick & choose when they want to listen to Gaby though. Whenever it fits the narrative, they go with it and vice versa, lol. Knock yourself out, I'm done with it. because for the 68th time, we will be fine at CB with or without him. Going to be hilarious if the kid is trolling and does pick us on 7/4. Watching the theories on how he rose back up the board magically will be worth the price of admission.
The thought of some of the dopes and mopes with their scorching day to day hot takes influencing things with recruits is truly scary.

Advertisement
There's enough blame to go around. Making big time decisions based on a message board is absolutely ridiculous. But then again, so is presenting a baseless, personal opinion as a fact as a coping mechanism.

Call this a wild *** hypothesis but a kid who uses an excuse that he heard some people on a message board said they heard from some other people that maybe he wasn't as big a priority probably isn't actually super interested in coming here in the first place, or if he really is but has doubts because he heard some guys on a message board heard something about him not being a priority, probably isn't the kind of kid who ends up here after his multiple committs and decommits.

I refuse to believe this tbh but if this is true it weak for any football player but more then any position a CB has to be stronger then this because they have arguably the toughest job of any players while knowing they cant nake mistakes and deal with trash talking wrs. Again I don't believe this but Gaby is not helping this kid by saying this

Advertisement
If we get him great, if not well not the end of the world. What's our CB board anyways? Rogers, Graves, Singletary, Henderson, and this dude? I can't even get a gauge on how many guys we are taking at each position for this cycle with the extra year granted. So I'll just go pound a beer or 5 when I get home later.

The thought of some of the dopes and mopes with their scorching day to day hot takes influencing things with recruits is truly scary.
I don't get how UM goes out of their way and says they want him. But people still spreading rumors they don't want him....wtf? They just said the other day in cryptic *** tweets that they want him what else do these fans need.

Advertisement
If thats the case then it will never matter whose on staff here or the coaches.
I wonder how tf did we get James Williams and Saban got sfla so brainwashed that UM is the bad guy. The new generation doesn't care about UM cause we sucked for so long we are basically Rutgers but with a rich history at this point. We aren't Rutgers it just seems like alot of kids low key look at us as like a UCF type school

Advertisement
Not helping him by saying what? He is just doing his job by trying to kill this narrative that he clearly doesn’t believe is true. What am I missing?

Last edited:
I wonder how tf did we get James Williams and Saban got sfla so brainwashed that UM is the bad guy. The new generation doesn't care about UM cause we sucked for so long we are basically Rutgers but with a rich history at this point. We aren't Rutgers it just seems like alot of kids low key look at us as like a UCF type school

I mean yes we did get JWill and Nesta and those guys could be the outliers of all the kids we've recruited.

Last edited:
Wasn’t said he was using it as an excuse, just that people in his camp

Not helping him by saying what? He is just doing his job by trying to kill this narrative that he clearly doesn’t believe is true. What am I missing?
If what idiots say on a message board bothers you there's something wrong with that. Let's be real 99.9999999% of the people on these boards have never even spoken to any of the staff members so nobody knows or should be taken seriously

Well we can take care of this to some degree.
If anyone else comes on this massage board and says we don’t want Spells we will delete the comment.
I would not mind spreading this out to all recruits.

Here is a tip for everyone on this board. Let the coaches recruit, decide who they want and stay out of their way. You are not part of this process. You are merely a fan. Stay in your lane and Trust the Process.

Advertisement
Back