UM offers 2022 WR Jacolby Spells

Advertisement
Indiana Rivals article:

For Jacolby Spells, his official visit to Indiana was all about seeing where the Hoosiers stacked up among his offers.
"Since I've been at Indiana, my opinion has changed a lot. Indiana is high on my list now. They moved a lot. I'll say Indiana holds the number one spot now," Spells told TheHoosier.com. "The feeling I got when I was here was like this is somewhere I could be. Then talking to the coaches, I could be myself around them and then being around the team, it felt like I was at home."

Spells continued by saying his visit was a "great" one, capped off by a great meeting with Allen.

"The visit was great," Spells added. "Me and my family had a great time. What stood out is the family atmosphere. The coaches made me feel like I'm at home. I felt comfortable around town, and talking to the coaches, I felt comfortable like it was somewhere I could be at."

The 5-foot-11, 176-pound standout continued, saying Allen is a coach he "loves."

"Finally meeting the coaches for the first time was great. I love Coach Allen. He is really down to Earth. We had great talks. I like the campus. It's not too big, and everything is right there. Academics is great for my major, architecture, and they have a great program," Spells said.

"Me and Coach Warren had a great talk. I love his style of play and what he brings to the team. I can be a big key in their defense," Spells said.

While on campus, Spells spent time with fellow Florida standout and newly committed Trevell Mullen and said the number of players from Florida on the Indiana roster is something that stands out.
"That plays a big role. I have people from back home up there that are dogs on that team, and I want to be around dogs that makes me better as a player," Spells stated.

The visit to Indiana was the last for Spells, who is also being recruited heavily by both West Virginia University and the University of Miami.
He added that his top three will be coming soon and that he is on target to announce his college decision on July 4.
As for what will go into his decision, Spells said it's easy.
"Family and trust."

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Isn't it possible he's waiting on the green light from us and trying to apply pressure by saying these other schools are his top choices?
May also be trying to create suspense prior to the announcement (and he's done a very good job sucking everyone into that trap as it's a new flavor each week).

Ya'll are still going with this "he is down the board and we don't want him sh*t" .....
tenor.gif

Advertisement
Indiana eh? If he’s shopping around we should be as well. What about the Henderson twins? Any movement there or do we push for the other 3 and then hit on the Portal for the final 4th spot?

Advertisement
Back