UM offers 2022 WR Jacolby Spells

Advertisement
There’s a better chance of @Paranos hooking up with an anorexic chick than Spells willingly choosing WVU over us. No f’ing way he picks them over T-Rob.

Two theories: 1) he’s throwing wiltfong and them off the UM scent with WVU BS and will commit to us as a surprise OR 2) staff feels great about Rogers, Graves, etc. And isn’t giving Spells the green light at this time.

There’s a better chance of @Paranos hooking up with an anorexic chick than Spells willingly choosing WVU over us. No f’ing way he picks them over T-Rob.

Two theories: 1) he’s throwing wiltfong and them off the UM scent with WVU BS and will commit to us as a surprise OR 2) staff feels great about Rogers, Graves, etc. And isn’t giving Spells the green light at this time.
Option 1 definitely seems possible. Gaby seems convinced Miami helped themselves this weekend and what other reason would he have to all the sudden move his commitment date other than to reserve a spot?

Weird recruitment, it’s not like any of the big boys have come banging on his door, and AH ain’t some off the beaten path type school.

My guess is Rogers and Graves are committed already, and the staff is using the 3rd CB slot to get BPA. If they can’t land a Singletary/Fegans, they’ll circle back to Spells later in the process.

just my guess

Advertisement
Who exactly are we losing other than Bolden? Our 2 oldest CBs are juniors.

All this is are opinions. Ivey and Blades haven done nothing to leave early. Stevenson is going to be in his first full year playing CB. The only one in the DB unit that’s for sure leaving is Bolden.

It doesn’t mater what if he’s taking about CBs. I asked who’s leaving other than Bolden because our oldest CBs are juniors. Meaning who out of the ENTIRE UNIT is leaving. Not my fault your head is filled with hot gas you douche.

You keep calling these guys juniors and saying things like "leave early." Blades and Ivey will be seniors in 2021. In their 4th season... no RS taken... that's a senior.

Sure, they have an extra year of eligibility because of covid. So does every player in the country on a roster last season. But it doesn't make them juniors, nor does it mean they necessarily want the extra year here.

I got dumb comments on the post but are we really going to even have 5 commits by the Bama game? If we aren’t getting any off these visits then these kids might as well wait to see how teams look mid season.
Who cares how many commits we have by a certain game? It only matters how many commits sign on signing day

Advertisement
It's an interesting debate. Looking forward to seeing them live this year for a full comparison (neither competed in camps, although Spells ran and was fastest man at Under Armour).

Here are the junior clips so everyone can compare for themselves. Curious to hear more thoughts:

Not an expert but it seems that Little in his highlights is always going downhill toward the line of scrimmage.
While Spells showed he could run with the receiver, track the ball,l ook back and defend it.
Not saying Little can't do it but on his highlights I didn't see it.

keep in mind, wilting CB'd Jason Marshall to us last year....its not great he gave WVU the CB but not a guarantee by any stretch

Advertisement
*All our CB's have 2 or more years of eligibility. I think we lose at most 2 of them after next season (barring transfers). And if they're Stevenson and Ivey, I hope that means they had monster seasons and are projected as top 100 draft picks.
*Still, I believe we sign at least 3 CB's, as it's the position group with the least depth. Rogers & Graves seem close to committing and probably have committable offers. We are probably leaving one spot open in case Fegans, (Little,) Singletary, or maybe even Bouie wants to jump in the boat at the end of the trip (Jan-Feb).
*This makes Spells a mystery. Either he has a committable offer and we're open to taking 4 CB's (or he is ahead of Graves), or he is being put on hold. I guess we'll find out on July 4. I doubt he is committing to West Virginia over a committable offer from UM.
*Moving up his announcement date from August might be a clue. There's a chance he is doing a Quan Lee and wants to make sure he gets his spot. I really don't know why he would hurry up to commit to WV, but he could obviously have his reasons.

Not an expert but it seems that Little in his highlights is always going downhill toward the line of scrimmage.
While Spells showed he could run with the receiver, track the ball,l ook back and defend it.
Not saying Little can't do it but on his highlights I didn't see it.
Tell me more about this looking back for the ball…

Advertisement
Stevenson is 1 and done.

0% chance both Ivey and Blades come back for a 5th year. We will lose one of them, minimum. So even if 1 of them returns, we will lose them plus Couch after the following year. Bottomline is, we are signing more than 2 CBs and I’ll bet anything on that.
I wouldnt be shocked if they wanted in and we got the guys we wanted we take 4. we need at least 3 at the min.

*All our CB's have 2 or more years of eligibility. I think we lose at most 2 of them after next season (barring transfers). And if they're Stevenson and Ivey, I hope that means they had monster seasons and are projected as top 100 draft picks.
*Still, I believe we sign at least 3 CB's, as it's the position group with the least depth. Rogers & Graves seem close to committing and probably have committable offers. We are probably leaving one spot open in case Fegans, (Little,) Singletary, or maybe even Bouie wants to jump in the boat at the end of the trip (Jan-Feb).
*This makes Spells a mystery. Either he has a committable offer and we're open to taking 4 CB's (or he is ahead of Graves), or he is being put on hold. I guess we'll find out on July 4. I doubt he is committing to West Virginia over a committable offer from UM.
*Moving up his announcement date from August might be a clue. There's a chance he is doing a Quan Lee and wants to make sure he gets his spot. I really don't know why he would hurry up to commit to WV, but he could obviously have his reasons.
Blades is gone. he said it himself last year before before covid and getting sick.

Advertisement
Back