UM offers 2022 WR Jacolby Spells

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yes, unless you haven’t noticed how putrid we’ve been for ages. No ACC titles in ever, for example. One coastal. No significant nfl players in over a decade. You probably haven’t noticed that Reed and Taylor ain’t out there anymore.
The 2013 and 2014 teams were talented enough to win at minimum the coastal. The 2014 team was good enough on one night to dominate the defending champs until coaching and years worth of being taught to be cheeseburgers took over and they slowly bled out against FSU. No lack of evaluations is gonna explain why that 2013 team couldn't beat Duke when a win there was all that stood between them and a ACC title game berth. We can talk about no stars in the NFL but there are plenty who are working past their first pro contract. No stars but the margin for error with who Miami has access to still shows coaches here have wasted the talent advantage over the other ACC schools more than simply missing on evaluations.

The 2013 OL had 3 guys that are still starting in the NFL today: Linder, Flowers, Feliciano
Duke
Rayshawn Jenkins
Allen Hurns
Deon Bush
Artie Burns
Phillip Dorsett
Denzel Perryman
AQ Muhammad
Pat O'Donnell
Anthony Chickillo
These guys were all still on rosters in 2020
Ladarius Gunter started 15 games in a season in 2016

How many teams from 2013 had 13 guys still on NFL rosters in 2020? This team lost 4 games.

More than enough. Maybe not to be great but at least good. Just coaches not maximizing talent on the roster that they did hit on.

The 2013 and 2014 teams were talented enough to win at minimum the coastal. The 2014 team was good enough on one night to dominate the defending champs until coaching and years worth of being taught to be cheeseburgers took over and they slowly bled out against FSU. No lack of evaluations is gonna explain why that 2013 team couldn't beat Duke when a win there was all that stood between them and a ACC title game berth. We can talk about no stars in the NFL but there are plenty who are working past their first pro contract. No stars but the margin for error with who Miami has access to still shows coaches here have wasted the talent advantage over the other ACC schools more than simply missing on evaluations.

The 2013 OL had 3 guys that are still starting in the NFL today: Linder, Flowers, Feliciano
Duke
Rayshawn Jenkins
Allen Hurns
Deon Bush
Artie Burns
Phillip Dorsett
Denzel Perryman
AQ Muhammad
Pat O'Donnell
Anthony Chickillo

How many teams from 2013 had 13 guys still on NFL rosters in 2020? This team lost 4 games.

More than enough. Maybe not to be great but at least good. Just coaches not maximizing talent on the roster that they did hit on.

1 word ... Dorito.

Advertisement

Duke
Rayshawn Jenkins
Allen Hurns
Deon Bush
Artie Burns
Phillip Dorsett
Denzel Perryman
AQ Muhammad
Pat O'Donnell
Anthony Chickillo

You’re on some other topic entirely. Just because we’ve been bad evaluators doesn’t mean we also hsven’t had bad coaches. They tend to go together. No idea why that continues to need to be spelled out. That’s why we went from dominant to mediocre coastal whatever.

Says the guy who isn’t old enough to know much of anything about our ‘history.’

You need to learn how to avoid trying to dry hump in public.

I'm probably older than you but nice try. I guess is easier to deflect than admitting you were wrong.

I'm probably older than you but nice try. I guess is easier to deflect than admitting you were wrong.
Likely false on your first point, but o worries either way. As for your second point, I’m happy to stand by my comments. You can jerk off over the ‘80s-‘90s. Our more relvant and recent ‘history’ of evaluations doesn’t involve Howard, Jimmy, Dennis or Butch, but rather failed coach after failed coach. You debating the point is idiotic.

I mean we've definitely sucked, but only 7 schools had more active NFL players in 2020. We've had talent, but we've had some horrendous hires. To the initial point about UF, they had 9 more than us and were 4th in active players in the league. We had more than any ACC school, which proves we've had the talent to win.

Advertisement
Says the guy who isn’t old enough to know much of anything about our ‘history.’

You need to learn how to avoid trying to dry hump in public.
Yo u don't y'all do the 15-0 ban bet I'm still waiting for replies and no one wants to ban bet me.

We’ve been the first to offer several kids this cycle in and out of state who’ve blown up. I’d say it’s a trend across the board and the staff is evaluating fine. The staff’s in the past left a ton to be desired. Right now it’s really a matter of this staff getting the guys they want to home base and not playing just the tip. Even at LB where we suck they identified some top targets but couldn’t land them. I have a STRONG feeling WR won’t be an issue moving forward. Last cycle was diverse and strong. Even if there’s a miss we’re getting a couple good ones.

Advertisement
We’ve been the first to offer several kids this cycle in and out of state who’ve blown up. I’d say it’s a trend across the board and the staff is evaluating fine. The staff’s in the past left a ton to be desired. Right now it’s really a matter of this staff getting the guys they want to home base and not playing just the tip. Even at LB where we suck they identified some top targets but couldn’t land them. I have a STRONG feeling WR won’t be an issue moving forward. Last cycle was diverse and strong. Even if there’s a miss we’re getting a couple good ones.
The idea that we know whether they’re evaluatong well or not based on offers to kids who haven’t played a down of cfb yet is odd. First, because evaluations have to show up over time in outcomes. It’s not about popularity. Second, because the evals that matter for our staff are those of the kids we actually sign and who enroll. ‘Evaluating’ kids who go elsewhere is irrelevant, whether you guess right or not on them. Likewise, no credit for signing kids who don’t get in.

The idea that we know whether they’re evaluatong well or not based on offers to kids who haven’t played a down of cfb yet is odd. First, because evaluations have to show up over time in outcomes. It’s not about popularity. Second, because the evals that matter for our staff are those of the kids we actually sign and who enroll. ‘Evaluating’ kids who go elsewhere is irrelevant, whether you guess right or not on them. Likewise, no credit for signing kids who don’t get in.
It’s been quite obvious we’ve missed on some kids that have been high picks. Sure, I get your point and agree it only matters who you get ink on the paper in big picture.

Likely false on your first point, but o worries either way. As for your second point, I’m happy to stand by my comments. You can jerk off over the ‘80s-‘90s. Our more relvant and recent ‘history’ of evaluations doesn’t involve Howard, Jimmy, Dennis or Butch, but rather failed coach after failed coach. You debating the point is idiotic.

You said our history, now you want to pick and choose which history to make your point. History means history, saying other wise is idiotic.
Next time be specific about what period of our history.

Advertisement
Back