UM offers 2022 DB Earl Little Jr.

You don’t have to be Einstein to know this kid would never play for us. His dad is too football savvy kid is trying to get to the league. You go to places that’s developing their players. We are NOT!!!
That's a lie, and @ liberty city el you kno better then to agree we don't get top db recruits but rumph does develope who we get!...

Advertisement
I have my friend; the guy has a huge resume of not only recruiting but his players doing well in the NFL. Which is y I wanted to throw 2 bags at him to take over as DB Coach & DC, but I knew that wouldn’t happen for several reasons

new need rumph to continue coaching up our players. We may miss on this kid but if blades and the other show up this year, we can turn the tide

Advertisement
I like Rumph the coach. My patience on Rumph the recruiter is running out. The final litmus test will be what he can do on the recruiting front once we win 9+ games. If he whiffs again, then Manny will have to make a change. If he doesn't fire Rumph he needs to get Banda some help with recruiting.

You can be a good coach AND a good recruiter. They are not mutually exclusive.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Jez, we all know Rumph struggles recruiting but how is this one on him? Do you live with the Little's and have inside info?
Corey Raymond has been out recruiting us with this kid for a few years now, from all accounts. Throw in our lack of success. Do Rumph defenders literally emerge any time his name is mentioned?

Corey Raymond has been out recruiting us with this kid for a few years now, from all accounts. Throw in our lack of success. Do Rumph defenders literally emerge any time his name is mentioned?
I understand that but if it’s an anti Miami issue then how does this land on one coach?

Advertisement
You guys may be 100% right about Rumph as a recruiter and a coach, but if he was at LSU he would be getting a lot of the same players that Corey Raymond is getting to come there. I'm not saying that Rumph is better in any way, shape or form then Raymond I'm just saying that when you are at a school like LSU, Alabama or even OSU you are getting the best players at a given position that makes you look great as a coach.

Advertisement
Rumph‘s recruiting misses are too long to post. Can you imagine if Miami had a competent CB recruiter and player developer? It would impact winning and players getting drafted high making CB recruiting easier the next cycle. How many more misses will it take for him to be let go?

I'm not defending him. I'm just making an observation.

At them same time, do Rumph haters have to emerge whenever a CB prospect leans away from UM? You saw it in Little Sr''s own words "Too small huh! Typical UM fans these days. " A legacy no less. You weren't one of the yahoo's stalking him on Twitter were you? Great way to make him feel welcome.

I'm not defending him. I'm just making an observation.

At them same time, do Rumph haters have to emerge whenever a CB prospect leans away from UM? You saw it in Little Sr''s own words "Too small huh! Typical UM fans these days. " A legacy no less. You weren't one of the yahoo's stalking him on Twitter were you? Great way to make him feel welcome.
The chance of me following any of these teenagers on Twitter is 0%. You’ve got the wrong one. You sound like a hit dog hollering.

The proof is in the pudding with Rumph and recruiting. Not sure how many different times it has to be said. He’s just not a recruiter and DB coaches on other staffs are typically their BEST recruiters. We have dudes on the board who are on the fields with these kids and they’re saying as much about Rumph. Great Cane, bad recruiter.

Jez, we all know Rumph struggles recruiting but how is this one on him? Do you live with the Little's and have inside info?

Lol. It's never on Rumph. Every single time it happens there's a watertight excuse explaining why it's not his fault.

Advertisement
Back