UM offers 2021 TE Thomas Fidone

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
Standing 6-5 220, Fidone just finished his junior season at Lewis Central (IA). He's considered a consensus 4-star prospect and #2 tight end in the country and has offers from top programs across the board, including Alabama, Ohio State, Michigan, LSU, and Notre Dame among others.

Advertisement
It amazes me TE still look at Bama. Sure they are the premier Program, but they use TE so infrequently.
I agree... If I was the father of one of these “top” TEs only schools we are looking at are...

Miami, Stanford, Notre Dame(sucks), and Iowa

If your too 5 doesn’t have those schools you obviously are not thinking long game

His HS is about 20 minutes from me. Harbaugh and Ferentz were at his basketball game a couple months ago. Nebraska and Bama were also in the stands that night. Big and agile kid with good hands. Stock really soared after the Rivals camps. Coach Field has an uphill battle.

Put on a **** clinic at the National Combine in January, boosted him from a high 3* to a 5* and the #1 TE in the country.

Nebraska is the team to beat (he grew up a fan) but Iowa, Michigan & Notre Dame are pushing hard here. Miami is TE U, our brand is relevant to OOS kids & we still have the exotic/tropical factor to kids from the Midwest so Field should go hard & full court press him.

Advertisement
I'm from Iowa. Born and raised. Lewis Central is in Council Bluffs which is literally on the border to Omaha, NE. The school played in class 3A in 2019 which was the highest class in Iowa for that year. In 2020, the state shuffled the classes creating a 4A tier for the largest schools which when I played there were 4 tiers with my school being 4A. Lewis Central will remain in 3A. Their schedule looked pretty weak based on the teams that I know are traditional powerhouses such Wes Des Moines Dowling, West Des Moines Valley, Ankeny Central, Cedar Rapids, Iowa City and Davenport schools.

So, I would rate his school's competition as the lowest level in Florida. Nothing against the young man or his abilities. Plenty of studs come from small schools. I just want to give some perspective on the video we're watching.

I don't know what chance we have at him. Being on the Nebraska border you have a lot of Nebraska fans and I'm sure they're recruiting him hard. I would say 6/10 of the state of Iowa are Iowa Hawkeye fans and the other 3/10 are Iowa State fans and 1/10 are Nebraska fans on the border close to Omaha.

It's pretty much every Iowa kid's dream to be an Iowa Hawkeye. Given they have had a lot of success with their TEs in recent years, I would have to put them as the leader without knowing anything about his recruitment. I would be very surprised if he doesn't wind up at Iowa.

You have a different economic situation with most people in Iowa being middle class and I wouldn't think the kid would NOT be swayed by bag money and based on an Iowan attitude it would be the quickest way for a school to be eliminated from his recruitment.

He could be attracted to Alabama based on their national attention and ability to make it in the CFP. Alabama had an offensive lineman from Iowa named Ross Pierschbacher who plays for the Washington Redskins (A side note is I went to school with his mother.). It wouldn't be a complete shock if he wound up there.

Looks like Michigan is in the picture as well.

If I had to handicap his recruitment without knowing him, I would say 1. Iowa , 2. Alabama, 3. Michigan, 4. Miami

I'd think he'd be a hard pull from the Hawkeyes. Hopefully the coaching staff can get him on campus and perhaps to a camp if we have football this summer.

Last edited:
I'm from Iowa. Born and raised. Lewis Central is in Council Bluffs which is literally on the border to Omaha, NE. The school played in class 3A in 2019 which was the highest class in Iowa for that year. In 2020, the state shuffled the classes creating a 4A tier for the largest schools which when I played there were 4 tiers with my school being 4A. Lewis Central will remain in 3A. Their schedule looked pretty weak based on the teams that I know are traditional powerhouses such Wes Des Moines Dowling, West Des Moines Valley, Ankeny Central, Cedar Rapids, Iowa City and Davenport schools.

So, I would rate his school's competition as the lowest level in Florida. Nothing against the young man or his abilities. Plenty of studs come from small schools. I just want to give some perspective on the video we're watching.

I don't know what chance we have at him. Being on the Nebraska border you have a lot of Nebraska fans and I'm sure they're recruiting him hard. I would say 6/10 of the state of Iowa are Iowa Haweye fans and the other 3/10 are Iowa State fans and 1/10 are Nebraska fans on the border close to Omaha.

It's pretty much every Iowa kid's dream to be an Iowa Hawkeye. Given they have had a lot of success with their TEs in recent years, I would have to put them as the leader without knowing anything about his recruitment. I would be very surprised if he doesn't wind up at Iowa.

You have a different economic situation with most people in Iowa being middle class and I wouldn't think the kid would be swayed by bag money and based on an Iowan attitude it would be the quickest way for a school to be eliminated from his recruitment.

He could be attracted to Alabama based on their natioal attention and ability to make it in the CFP. Alabama had an offensive lineman from Iowa named Ross Pierschbacher who plays for the Washington Redskins (A side note is I went to school with his mother.). It wouldn't be a complete shock if he wound up there.

Looks like Michigan is in the picture as well.

If I had to handicap his recruitment without knowing him, I would say 1. Iowa , 2. Alabama, 3. Michigan, 4. Miami

I'd think he'd be a hard pull from the Hawkeyes. Hopefully the coaching staff can get him on campus and pehaps to a camp if we have football this summer.
Lets hope the big boy is looking for a good tan and likes big butts in string bikinis... also he needs Lashlee to remind him what uniform Graham, Shockey and Olsen wore.

Put on a **** clinic at the National Combine in January, boosted him from a high 3* to a 5* and the #1 TE in the country.

Nebraska is the team to beat (he grew up a fan) but Iowa, Michigan & Notre Dame are pushing hard here. Miami is TE U, our brand is relevant to OOS kids & we still have the exotic/tropical factor to kids from the Midwest so Field should go hard & full court press him.

Nebraska's top TE Jack Stoll had a total of 234 yards and 1 TD in 2019. These kids are either really dumb or the duffle bags have gotten bigger.

Advertisement

****n Nebraska, what are kids seeing in that **** school. I realize Frost inherited a dumpster fire but they've been pretty bad.

Nebraska's top TE Jack Stoll had a total of 234 yards and 1 TD in 2019. These kids are either really dumb or the duffle bags have gotten bigger.
****n Nebraska, what are kids seeing in that **** school. I realize Frost inherited a dumpster fire but they've been pretty bad.
He is from the Omaha metro area & he and his family are huge Cornhusker fans lol, but he's open to other schools

I grew up in Iowa and I lived in Omaha a few years after college. They all drink that Big Red cool aide when you head west on I-80 thru Coucil Bluffs/Omaha. Not sure this kid is a Husker or a Hawkeye growing up.

Advertisement

NU should've used Stoll more and who knows if the new OC will utilize him.

That being said, Fidone might like Iowa's TE history. He could be the next Noah Fant...from Omaha...said uck NU and balled out at Iowa.

Advertisement
Back