UM offers 2021 S Jardin Gilbert

Advertisement
Was a pretty good 200 meter sprinter in middle school in the limited meets he entered. In HS a very athletic basketballer.

Kid on defense almost ended Jardin's career before it started

Advertisement
White Castle (La.) University Laboratory School safety Jardin Gilbert says the Miami Hurricanes are very much in his picture.

He says UM coaches have started to ramp up his recruitment.

“I was on the phone with coach (Blake) Baker and coach (Ephraim) Banda yesterday - it went well,” Gilbert said. “It was a group FaceTime call, we talked for about 30 minutes about why Miami would be a good school to attend for me.

“Coach Banda saw my film, liked it, and Miami offered last year. They said this was just the beginning, that they’ll be recruiting me hard.”

Gilbert said he’s only heard from UM sparingly until yesterday’s conversation. And he says he hasn’t narrowed down his choices and has never visited UM.

“Of course I’ll be going there when I can (after the virus outbreak),” Gilbert said.

So far he’s visited Alabama this year and that’s it. He lists more than 20 scholarship offers including the likes of Alabama, Auburn and Mississippi.

He says of UM that “It’s a defensive school and I know good DBs have come out there and I might like to be a part of that.”

I think his high school is literally on or at the LSU campus. Either way, I’m glad to see Baker and Lashlee trying to make inroads in Louisiana and Texas, respectively, where each was coaching prior to here.

LSU having rich man's problems right now. They'll have to turn away some locals that have real talent because they're able to get whomever they want. I have no issue with the Canes benefiting. I always wanted us to be better tied into greater New Orleans and Houston talent. Maybe Baker can show us something as a recruiter. Or is that expecting too much?

Advertisement
LSU having rich man's problems right now. They'll have to turn away some locals that have real talent because they're able to get whomever they want. I have no issue with the Canes benefiting. I always wanted us to be better tied into greater New Orleans and Houston talent. Maybe Baker can show us something as a recruiter. Or is that expecting too much?

exactly if u watched my previous post its what i said. Strike in Louisiana this year as there will be some guys to be had.

I think that is where you will see a down fall at LSU.

LSU is built by keeping those NO-Baton Rouge kids home and keeping the best within the state home. But really keep those I-10 and I-12 kids home. Enough talent right there.

Advertisement
Back