UM offers 2020 LB Edgerrin Cooper

Decommited from Oklahoma. Maybe we get into the conversation if LSU is full (no idea where he is on their board)

Advertisement
Advertisement
At least we seem to have targets at LB.

Can someone explain to me wtf is going on at CB? Are we only after Harrell and that Flake Francois?
Neither Harrell or Francois are being recruited as CBs. I think they are looking at some JUCO CBs, Bennet and Williams, Kendall Dennis, and Brown. That's about it. UM should be kicking the tires on Scooby Carter from the transfer portal.

Advertisement
That tape isn’t that impressive to me. Seems stiff and he doesn’t tackle with power. A lot of them clips he’s being moved back at contact.

If cooper danced around to get barely a yard. You could add Duke Johnson, Mike James Lamar Miller, deejay Dallas is better

I agree with all you said and general sentiment, but Coop did step up against FSU. A couple of times if I remember correctly. Been an active day so emphasis on “if I remember correctly.”

Go Canes!

Kid is a dynamic athlete, he's an LB/RB/KR, he had 85tcks 10TFL's 4PBU's, 1INT & 1FF on Defense, 320yds & 6TD's rushing & 135yds in Kick off returns.

He's a fast aggressive violent hitter & has very good instincts at LB, can play outside Sam or Mike at the next level.

Committed to Oklahoma back in June, seems to be pretty locked in with them, but if he were to flip it's obvious LSU is the first choice.

That was the Butch Davis philosophy. Recruit athletes that can play both ways.

Sean Taylor - RB,
Ed Reed - RB/KR
Phil Buchanan - KR
Dan Morgan - RB

just a few example of this

Kid is a dynamic athlete, he's an LB/RB/KR, he had 85tcks 10TFL's 4PBU's, 1INT & 1FF on Defense, 320yds & 6TD's rushing & 135yds in Kick off returns.

He's a fast aggressive violent hitter & has very good instincts at LB, can play outside Sam or Mike at the next level.

Committed to Oklahoma back in June, seems to be pretty locked in with them, but if he were to flip it's obvious LSU is the first choice.

just odd how we make some of these late offers to kids whom we have no shot of signing.

I understand you miss 100% of the shots you don’t take, but take the shot in April, not December.

what am i missing?

Advertisement
I have never understood why Diaz thinks it's okay to only carry 5 CBs on the roster.

He doesn’t think it’s okay he just missed on multiple guys , multiple years. Hence why he’s got a laundry list of backup plans this year. This will be the last season of 5 cb’s

Advertisement
Back