UM MUST CHANGE THE WAY THEY RECURIT FOOTBAL PLAYERS

hard to do that when NCAA watching you. We don't have the bagman game like SEC and other big schools.

Oh god more of this??? In big time football everyone has a dufflebag man or two idc where you are at...

I remember in the Mid 00s when we were losing kids(mostly cause we started to suck) the idea was that we couldnt pay like the SEC and we only could sell tradition and NFLU...

well we saw what happened with shapiro.... Be real everyone has a bag to drop off

Advertisement
As canes fan i did want to admit it. These kids down here don't respect the tradition. Its nothing new butch dealt with the same problem. So he recruited heavily nationally and not just locally is important. If local kid doesn't want to come here, your talent evaluation and psychological has to be on point in Central Florida Northern Florida and Nationally.

So we have had 3 really bad coaches in a row and in spite of that
- Our D was probably good enough to put us in the playoff
- Kicking game also good enough
- Our QB as good as 3 of the QBs in the playoffs
- 2 Great WRs and a stud TE - all difference makers

My opinion - D Cook keeps his commitment and comes to Miami and you recruited two more really good OL - we are in the playoffs
- 3 guys away

I would argue that teams ranked #3 through #15 all looked great at times and very average at times

hard to do that when NCAA watching you. We don't have the bagman game like SEC and other big schools.

Oh god more of this??? In big time football everyone has a dufflebag man or two idc where you are at...

I remember in the Mid 00s when we were losing kids(mostly cause we started to suck) the idea was that we couldnt pay like the SEC and we only could sell tradition and NFLU...

well we saw what happened with shapiro.... Be real everyone has a bag to drop off

Don't forget the narrative of we should've landed this guy and let this guy get away. All the while, we have people saying this coach sucks, this player sucks, and there's no way I would let my kid play under Golden, etc.

This place is full of malcontents with answers to everything....they just can't prove them and most have a Pop Warner at best understanding of the game.

Blame coaches, recruits, the city, the University, mysterious bagmen, academic requirements, coaches of whatever high school, parents, and the list goes on. If Richt is the right guy, IMI believe he is, all these dumb arguments go out the window. Be realistic though, times are different and while I expect a shot at the National title, I'd say once every 5 years is about what we can aim form.

Yeah, winning has a bit to do with it.

Butch went out of state more because we were on probation and it was more difficult to get the big-time players from the Miami area. A few years later, we were getting all of them....

Once we get back to where we should be, you'll see most of them staying home again. It's that simple....

As canes fan i did want to admit it. These kids down here don't respect the tradition. Its nothing new butch dealt with the same problem. So he recruited heavily nationally and not just locally is important. If local kid doesn't want to come here, your talent evaluation and psychological has to be on point in Central Florida Northern Florida and Nationally.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back