UM MUST CHANGE THE WAY THEY RECURIT FOOTBAL PLAYERS

zomike77

Band
Banned
As canes fan i did want to admit it. These kids down here don't respect the tradition. Its nothing new butch dealt with the same problem. So he recruited heavily nationally and not just locally is important. If local kid doesn't want to come here, your talent evaluation and psychological has to be on point in Central Florida Northern Florida and Nationally.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I feel like this type of thread pops up every day... it's annoying, recruiting is never gonna be easy especially down here

Last edited:
143-whitest-kids-u-know-slow-jerk.gif

Advertisement
Can't expect kids to respect a tradition they've only heard about. These recruits weren't even in Kindergarten the last time Miami was relevant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's see, virtually every other school can show off amazing on-campus game day atmosphere and stadium. We bus 45 minutes away, to a suburb of Calder. Yeah, I'm shocked we don't pull in the premier recruits.

I don't think anyone who isn't involved with the school or a recruit can say what needs or doesn't need changing. Only those involved know how we recruit and what we need to improve upon when selling what is essentially a product. Now let the uninformed opinions fly on what I feel is a silly thread.

Advertisement
I totally agree with you about central Florida, I live there and year after year FSU and UF has their pick of the litter when it comes to talent in the area. Michigan pulls more players from this area that our Canes. its been that way for a long time and should change. There are boys here that can flat out play. Now there isn't enough talent for coaches to camp out but Dr. Phillips High School and Apopka High School are in the 8A state championship game every year and their player are distributed throughout the country

Are we seriously gonna have this conversation again? OP is obviously trolling, there's no way anyone thinks we haven't been through this enough times already.

Agree with the OP about Central Florida, especially with Strong at USF now.

And I sorta agree with [MENTION=2134]Awsi Dooger[/MENTION], **** shame a 5X National Champion doesn't have their own stadium. But I don't think it has as big an impact on recruting as He's suggesting, not more than coaching at least.

Advertisement
Win and you'll see how "recruiting" changes.

You would think they would get it by know. We been in the toilet for years and some expect the top SoFl talent to stand in line at Hecht to sign with us. Why these fools can see the improvement in interest and commitments from locals confounds me. No! We ain't after 1 PHUCKING YEAR where we wish we were with SoFl top recruits, but we are now getting more than the last 10 years. As we win and more SoFl kids are repping on the field the sentiment to commit to The U will change. Remember these kids have Walmart sized options and many don't want to share the recruiting spotlight here with fellow prized SoFl recruits.

Agree with the OP about Central Florida, especially with Strong at USF now.

And I sorta agree with [MENTION=2134]Awsi Dooger[/MENTION], **** shame a 5X National Champion doesn't have their own stadium. But I don't think it has as big an impact on recruting as He's suggesting, not more than coaching at least.

Not with an upgraded Hard Rock and new indoor practice facility on the way. As a campus, Miami doesn't have to take a back seat. Facilities are smaller but first rate. Campus is beautiful and in one of the nicest areas of South Florida. Most of the folks who complain have never been on campus.

Advertisement
was Just on 247 2 stud Central Florida players from Dr. Phillips, a 3 Star C from Jones HS (where Edge spends his time), 3 star CB out of Ocoee HS w/ no offers and all we have a lead on is J. Pouncey something seems off to me

zomike77, take a look at our current commits. Take a look at our current offers. What about this tells you we are NOT recruiting nationally?? How many of our WR/DBs commits are from Miami?

Not with an upgraded Hard Rock and new indoor practice facility on the way. As a campus, Miami doesn't have to take a back seat. Facilities are smaller but first rate. Campus is beautiful and in one of the nicest areas of South Florida. Most of the folks who complain have never been on campus.

All true, but it's still a **** shame a 5X National Champion doesn't have their own stadium...even if Dade County doesn't revolve around UM football, like these small College towns revolve around their football teams.

And my "complaint" is with the City of Miami never saving the OB, not with UM.

Advertisement
Back