UM missed a great opportunity for this weekend

klineski96

[]_ _[]
Premium
Plain and simple... UM missed out on a potentially GREAT weekend for their fans this weekend.
How? By holding the Spring Game at the same exact time as a UM baseball game.

Let me take you back to 2004, the last time UM baseball had a home series the same weekend as the Spring Game. It was a weekend series with FSU. Friday night, Saturday night and Sunday afternoon games, and the Spring Game was at 10am.

My buddies and I drove down from Orlando on that Friday morning, went to the Friday night baseball game, Spring Game and the baseball game on Saturday night, and headed home on Sunday. It was so awesome to be able to do all of that in a single weekend.

I'm not naive, I understand ESPN likely told UM to hold the game in the evening so they can put it on ESPN3, so why not move the baseball game to 1pm so that fans coming to the main draw, the Spring Game, can go to a baseball game as well?

Instead, this year driving down from Orlando with my 2 older brothers, we are staying over 1 night and because the games are at the same time, we're only able to go to the Spring Game. If the baseball game was in the afternoon, we could have, and absolutely would have done both.

Why would UM not want to turn the entire weekend into a Fan Fest type of weekend??:noidea:

Advertisement
Pretty sure the Orange Bowl being that much closer to campus had/ has a lot to do with the logistics of such an event. I understand your frustration, but you can bet your *** that a large contingent wouldn't want to make the hike.

Sometimes in a big organization somebody doesn't connect the dots. Your ideas makes so much sense to me however that I have to think that there might have been a reason unknown to us why it wouldn't work.

& back in '04...Big Vince threw out the first pitch of the baseball game. Good times.

2004.......oh.....those were the days

Start helping Alonzo dig out the lake and we should be able to accommodate these things better in the future.

Advertisement
OP try and have an open mind. This event is going to be fun. It looks like they've put a lot of effort into it. It'll be a new experience at least.

didnt we have a BB game this year with the Canes playing football...

it just happens...this is true for out of town guys...which will be very minimal at best...

Plain and simple... UM missed out on a potentially GREAT weekend for their fans this weekend.

Let me take you back to 2004, the last time UM baseball had a home series the same weekend as the Spring Game. It was a weekend series with FSU. Friday night, Saturday night and Sunday afternoon games, and the Spring Game was at 10am.

My buddies and I drove down from Orlando on that Friday morning, went to the Friday night baseball game, Spring Game and the baseball game on Saturday night, and headed home on Sunday. It was so awesome to be able to do all of that in a single weekend.

I'm not naive, I understand ESPN likely told UM to hold the game in the evening so they can put it on ESPN3, so why not move the baseball game to 1pm so that fans coming to the main draw, the Spring Game, can go to a baseball game as well?

Instead, this year driving down from Orlando with my 2 older brothers, we are staying over 1 night and because the games are at the same time, we're only able to go to the Spring Game. If the baseball game was in the afternoon, we could have, and absolutely would have done both.

Why would UM not want to turn the entire weekend into a Fan Fest type of weekend??:noidea:

i think they put the spring game at night to draw more people. last year was very hot in the sun and not enjoyable. 6 pm is a much better time.

Advertisement
I like baseball, but the Pitt draw this weekend is not likely to excite the fan base enough for the double dip.

its one baseball game, and its NOT FSU like last time lol, somebody always gotta be complaining bout something lol

i think they put the spring game at night to draw more people. last year was very hot in the sun and not enjoyable. 6 pm is a much better time.

This. It gets hot, and considering it's not a real game, people will not bother with it. An early evening night game is a great idea.

Advertisement
Sorry to bump an old thread... but UM did it again :(

2015 Spring Game on March 28th. Same weekend the baseball team has an AWAY series.
I know it's easier said than done, but it just seems like they could have the 2 sports somewhat connect. Promote each other.

Maybe because it's (likely) at Lockhart Stadium this year, but why wouldn't they have the spring game and activities go until 5pm-ish, and make announcements at the spring game that promote the baseball team. "Take this voucher to Mark Light TONIGHT and get 50% off your baseball tickets" or something like that.

I get it, logistically I'm sure there are plenty of reasons I'm not thinking about, but it's like they're not even trying. Not even making an effort.

And stop with the "spring game must be at night because it's too hot" excuses.... you sound like Al Golden.

We didn't even have a ******* "spring game" last year. We had a spring public drills session and ugly uniform unveiling.

I hope the sky is awash with banners.

So you're expecting the same idiots who won't fire Golden and think he's an ok coach to demonstrate enough intelligence to coordinate the intersection of TWO sporting events in ONE weekend?

Unrealistic expectations.

Advertisement

Lol you must not have been paying attention what's been happening @ Miami. Miami didn't miss a great opportunity . if they would've opened it the fans would've showed up swing they want Golden fired

Advertisement
Back