UM LBs are team's strength?

Advertisement
I'd say say Shaq in Pink are certainly strengths. The rest of the group...eh. McCloud needs to come off the field against anyone who can complete a forward pass. The young guys haven't really proven anything either way so they get an "incomplete" and the veteran reserves are what they are. Career backups.

I think it’s “‘proven strength” LB probably is our strongest position on paper if you look at all variables ( depth, talent, proven,experience, etc). By the end of the season I say RB or WR is our biggest strength..

Advertisement
It’s a few positions that are strengths including rb, receiver, db in addition to linebacker.

I mean At the db position you got a top 5 cb and top 3 safety in the country as well as other talent in the secondary.

They might be correct.

WR unit is super talented, but do we have a guy to deliver the ball?

RB unit is solid, but can we create holes for them to run?

Questions mark at CB across from MJ, and Redwine still scares me.

DL and LB are the most solid units. I expect all 3 LBs to take a step forward this year.

They might be correct.

WR unit is super talented, but do we have a guy to deliver the ball?

RB unit is solid, but can we create holes for them to run?

Questions mark at CB across from MJ, and Redwine still scares me.

DL and LB are the most solid units. I expect all 3 LBs to take a step forward this year.
Trajan bandy is a baller and we have depth and talent behind them.

Y’all act as if malik can’t throw, he can he just had to be more consistent. He had a total of 26 passing tds last season.

Richards in what 7 games still had 440 yards and that’s with him not playing the full game. He would have put up a similar season he had as a freshman with more touchdowns if he was fully healthy..

Travis homer if he had played more earlier in the season season as the starter would have easily put up 1200 plus rushing yards. Within the first 4 games homer only received 25 carries.... behind that same oline and still was very productive. The oline issues are overblown, do they need to improve? Yes but they weren’t the primary reason Miami lost 2 of the games that they did. You can blame rosier for the pitt game and then rosier again and the defense for the performance against Wisconsin...

Advertisement
Trajan bandy is a baller and we have depth and talent behind them.

Y’all act as if malik can’t throw, he can he just had to be more consistent. He had a total of 26 passing tds last season.

Richards in what 7 games still had 440 yards and that’s with him not playing the full game. He would have put up a similar season he had as a freshman with more touchdowns if he was fully healthy..

Travis homer if he had played more earlier in the season season as the starter would have easily put up 1200 plus rushing yards. Within the first 4 games homer only received 25 carries.... behind that same oline and still was very productive. The oline issues are overblown, do they need to improve? Yes but they weren’t the primary reason Miami lost 2 of the games that they did. You can blame rosier for the pitt game and then rosier again and the defense for the performance against Wisconsin...
Bandy might be my favorite player. I just prefer him in the slot.

We are almost certainly going to be relying on a true FR at CB this year. Luckily we have several options, and I have to think one will step up. But any time you have to rely on a true FR is not a good thing.

You are correct that Malik is capable of getting the WRs the ball, even if he is limited. They will get their chances. All things equal, WR is probably our best unit. But I don't think they will max their potential with our QB situation.

Agree to disagree on the OL/run game. We stunk in the run game last year, and spring camp reports indicate we still stink. OL will hold our RBs back, IMO.

So yeah, I think LB will be one of our top units.

Advertisement
Talented group with 25+ starts as a unit together.

Not a wild prediction.

McCloud is talented, he's just not a 3-down/nickel LB. He should be rotated situationally with D Smith, except vs run heavy teams like BC and VT. I think he has a NFL future, but only as a 3-4 ILB

If Jennings takes the next step and Steed lives up to the hype, we should have a solid 2-deep at LB

McCloud has his faults, more than his counterparts quarterman and Pinckney last season. But he did play like the best Miami linebacker in that particular game vs Notre Dame and pitt

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back