UM is smarter than UF, FSU

Advertisement
SouthFloridaVanderbilt……….. yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I'll never get why this fanbase is so anti-education. I expect that short sighted crap from people in the old Confederacy, not people that tend to live in cities. You can and should expect to have a nationally competitive football program, made up of players that can and do graduate. Jimmy pulled it off, so did Butch. Football doesn't last forever, and we owe it to these young men to provide them with the tools needed to survive out in the world, once the cheering ends.

Advertisement
I'll never get why this fanbase is so anti-education. I expect that short sighted crap from people in the old Confederacy, not people that tend to live in cities. You can and should expect to have a nationally competitive football program, made up of players that can and do graduate. Jimmy pulled it off, so did Butch. Football doesn't last forever, and we owe it to these young men to provide them with the tools needed to survive out in the world, once the cheering ends.

I'll never get why so many in this fanbase think giving a rat's *** about being great in football equals anti-education.

I attended UM and appreciate the education provided.

Those who have been around this U and this team for decades do not want to only celebrate academic achievements. Doesn't mean they aren't great, it just means winning the ACC and vying for occasional national championships are at LEAST equally important.

After the last 17 years of mostly putrid football performances, I would say more important.

51D50E84-25AA-4C33-89B9-74D2CACDB9F4.gif

University of Miami’s educational reputation is in the toilet, right next to our athletic programs. We might as well not suck in athletics too.

Advertisement
Highest program APR....

One the programs worst records at 6-7 in recent memory.

We're 8th in conference and tied for 49th. Just for some perspective. Sort of a silly metric overall.

I'm anti 6 and 7 chief, that's all. If we can be good and be good students and win I'm down. If we lose to FIU I dont give a fluck if they are good students

Last edited:
Hate to disappoint you but FL was in the old Confederacy. In fact, our capital was about the only one not captured by the Federals. The rest of your post is spot on, as usual. The teams of our glory years were excellent in the classroom and grad rates. Howell beat fsu numbers badly but it was JJ who really put up excellent numbers. Butch added extremely well behaved to top notched academic achievement. As much as our players loved the THUG U thing, they just were not that bad off the field. For me, they were near perfect combination of intimidation and high character. Labeling them because the danced and had fun while kicking the crap out of everyone was, pardon the inference, an early version of FAKE NEWS.

Advertisement
Hate to disappoint you but FL was in the old Confederacy. In fact, our capital was about the only one not captured by the Federals. The rest of your post is spot on, as usual. The teams of our glory years were excellent in the classroom and grad rates. Howell beat fsu numbers badly but it was JJ who really put up excellent numbers. Butch added extremely well behaved to top notched academic achievement. As much as our players loved the THUG U thing, they just were not that bad off the field. For me, they were near perfect combination of intimidation and high character. Labeling them because the danced and had fun while kicking the crap out of everyone was, pardon the inference, an early version of FAKE NEWS.

I know full well that Florida was in the old Confederacy. That said, South Florida is significantly different than your typical Old Confederacy town. The point I was making is that you shouldn't see such antiquated thinking in a modern metropolitan city.

We're 8th in conference and tied for 49th. Just for some perspective. Sort of a silly metric overall.

It's a bit weird, but I find it weird that Alabama, a school that has made it obvious that they will admit any kid that can play is ranked so highly. There's no way you can get these kids through honestly, especially some of these kids that barely got in under the NCAA's laughable minimums. I would love to see a breakdown of degrees conferred by major or by school. Who wants to bet that 90% of Saban's student-athletes are majoring in something that none of us have ever heard of.

C'S GET DEGREES ‼👨‍🎓💯

/We are a middle of the pack academic institution & football program. At least excel at one.

Advertisement
It's a bit weird, but I find it weird that Alabama, a school that has made it obvious that they will admit any kid that can play is ranked so highly. There's no way you can get these kids through honestly, especially some of these kids that barely got in under the NCAA's laughable minimums. I would love to see a breakdown of degrees conferred by major or by school. Who wants to bet that 90% of Saban's student-athletes are majoring in something that none of us have ever heard of.

I would bet they're just like us, with some useless degree besides it being a college degree.

Our athlete program is Liberal Arts. Used to be around 70 percent of the team's major when you could read it in their bio. I would guess it's still the same.

I would bet they're just like us, with some useless degree besides it being a college degree.

Our athlete program is Liberal Arts. Used to be around 70 percent of the team's major when you could read it in their bio. I would guess it's still the same.

Liberal Arts isn't nearly as bad as it could be, although it isn't nearly as marketable as other degrees(i'll never get why more guys don't major in Poly Sci or something, you can read and write, you should be able to get through that major). I still have the 2004 Peach Bowl program, most of Florida's roster was undeclared. How can you be a junior or senior, and not have a major? I wouldn't be shocked if Alabama was doing the same thing. They have higher numbers than the Naval Academy, and I find that hard to believe.

I know full well that Florida was in the old Confederacy. That said, South Florida is significantly different than your typical Old Confederacy town. The point I was making is that you shouldn't see such antiquated thinking in a modern metropolitan city.
I didn't mean to infer you did not. I'm an native Floridian, Coral Gables to be exact, and I love to rub the fact the our capital was not capture into the still bleeding wounds of my Southern brothers and sisters. I do admit that I want to win as badly as any Bama fan. At the same time I have always been proud that our Canes did so well in the classroom, indeed equal to and even exceeding stuck up place like PSU. For me that makes our NCs much more impressive than others. I prefer some more like those, but I want another NC before I through the great smoke in the sky.

I'm anti 6 and 7 chief, that's all. If we can be good and be good students and win I'm down. If we lose to FIU I dont give a fluck if they are good students
What happens if they're So-So Students, but can Cut the Turf Dancing on the sidelines??

Advertisement
Back