UM in Madden 21

Advertisement
Let me know when I can play as our 01 team. It'd be like having a cheat code.

Advertisement
Advertisement
True story:

So back in like 2002 or so, EA based in Playa Vista, CA was making rounds to colleges to test Madden & give their assessment. So they came to Long Beach St, and myself & a couple of homies were chosen to test out a Madden concept.

I gave them my opinion which was Madden 93 was better. Lol. So I told them ppl create themselves in video games so they can live vicariously; it needs to feel real. So I mentioned, ‘how is it when it’s a game at 4:30p on the EC, with those games usually ending at 7:45p in the month of October, is the sun is still out? Or if I’m playing in the rain, make a hard tackle while sliding, how is grass not in my helmet?’

I told them little details like that go a long ways. Jerseys getting dirty, players speed reducing in certain elements, going from sunlight to dusk, to night, etc. Brodies, on my mama, they wrote down every chit I told them, thanked me & my homies for our honest assessment, and viola, Madden 04 had those features. Lol. Now, could others have said the same thing? Possibly, but at least they were listening & implementing.

Problem w EA is that, like Miami, once they got exclusive sports gaming rights, AND GUARANTEED $, they got lazy. No competition; guaranteed $= resting on your laurels.

Ppl play Madden b/c there’s no comp, same w Live prior to 2K and MVP baseball prior to MLB The Show revamping itself. Once 2K comes out w their football game next yr, I doubt we see Madden in the same light. They are stagnant, and not listening to the ppl. This is a **** poor version of NBA 2K storylines.

NCAA was my shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid. I must've played 30 seasons on that joint. Loved the recruiting feature and post season trophies. All my LBs had to look like Baby Ray...down to the McDavid neck collar.

Madden wasn't even close IMO.

Advertisement
I still play NCAA 14...NCAA way better than Madden will ever be...Madden's drafting is crap....the NFL Head Coach games had way better drafting and offseason stuff

I still play NCAA 14...NCAA way better than Madden will ever be...Madden's drafting is crap....the NFL Head Coach games had way better drafting and offseason stuff

It’s the only game I’ve played since it came out. I must have done a Dynasty with at least 90% of the P5 schools.

Still playing NCAA 14 with a couple friends. We must be on our 10th online dynasty. I love starting out with a 1-star school and turning it into a powerhouse. If my PS3 broke today, I'd go straight to Gamestop and get another one. Have bought Madden a couple of times since NCAA14, and it's total garbage.

Advertisement
Madden sucks but that's pretty cool moving up the ladder from HS. The game is horrible though it's so bad

True story:

So back in like 2002 or so, EA based in Playa Vista, CA was making rounds to colleges to test Madden & give their assessment. So they came to Long Beach St, and myself & a couple of homies were chosen to test out a Madden concept.

I gave them my opinion which was Madden 93 was better. Lol. So I told them ppl create themselves in video games so they can live vicariously; it needs to feel real. So I mentioned, ‘how is it when it’s a game at 4:30p on the EC, with those games usually ending at 7:45p in the month of October, is the sun is still out? Or if I’m playing in the rain, make a hard tackle while sliding, how is grass not in my helmet?’

I told them little details like that go a long ways. Jerseys getting dirty, players speed reducing in certain elements, going from sunlight to dusk, to night, etc. Brodies, on my mama, they wrote down every chit I told them, thanked me & my homies for our honest assessment, and viola, Madden 04 had those features. Lol. Now, could others have said the same thing? Possibly, but at least they were listening & implementing.

Problem w EA is that, like Miami, once they got exclusive sports gaming rights, AND GUARANTEED $, they got lazy. No competition; guaranteed $= resting on your laurels.

Ppl play Madden b/c there’s no comp, same w Live prior to 2K and MVP baseball prior to MLB The Show revamping itself. Once 2K comes out w their football game next yr, I doubt we see Madden in the same light. They are stagnant, and not listening to the ppl. This is a **** poor version of NBA 2K storylines.
Competition breeds efficiency and makes them more responsive to customers. Look at ESPN. They suck. They know they suck. They don't care. Because they don't have to.

Advertisement
Back