UM/FSU by the numbers

pb5cane

Junior
A few things popped off the page to me when looking at these teams:

attachment.php
attachment.php

1. Kaaya.

His QB rating for the season is higher than Winston's. They have both thrown 9 Ints but our little true freshman has 4 more TDs than the Heisman winner. He has not thrown a pick since Oct. 4th.

2. Duke.

Is the realist RB we've seen since the future HOF backs were here. Duke has rushed for 1213 yards at 7.7 ypc for 9 touchdowns. Williams and Cook combined have rushed for 830 yards at 5.1 ypc for 12 touchdowns. Yearby and Gus at 6.35 ypc and 6 TDs have been better than expected and should have some key moments in this game. Duke's 273 receiving yards and 2 TDs are gravy.

3. Walford.

Clive has 6 TDs and nearly 400 yards receiving. O'Leary has 2TDs this season. Seeing that we had a few Duke Johnson only games this season, I expect Clive will further separate himself as a top TE draft prospect in this game.

The defensive rankings show a similar slant:

CANES
canes2.JPG

NOLES
fsu2.JPG

Of course teams outside of UNC and Duke have had success running against our D which imo skews our pass D numbers. But with the new alignments we may be able to limit their run game to a point.

Winston, Greene, O'Leary, Cook, etc. are big time players who make big time plays but the fsu defense is vulnerable this year. ND, Lville and NC State were able to move the ball on the ground and in the air. Our play makers should have big numbers. Last thing, they seemed bored in the 1st half of every game this year. I think they will come ready to play in this one.
GO CANES!!!

Attachments

• Canes.JPG
    Canes.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 499
  • FSU.JPG
    FSU.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 496
Last edited:
Advertisement
Greene is an elite receiver and their defense is still very much fast. We need to shut down their run game because Winston has looked vulnerable when he has played. Also, hoping for a big time performance from our D they need to stay aggressive and not go back to that soft Dorito scheme. May the football gods, Yoda, Chuck Norris and Betty White be with us on Nov. 15

Two things

1) I can't comprehend how our D is ranked so good lol. In the beginning of the season if i said we'd have the 11th overall D heading into FSU, i'd be verbally raped by everyone here. If we beat FSU and our D dominates like they have the past two weeks, i think we owe the coaching staff an apology. Of course if they don't win out, they can go **** themselves, but if we beat FSU i doubt that happens.

2) Kaaya is a ******* boss. Statistically having a great season for a true ******* freshman. No doubt in my mind he's gonna be one of the best we've had. We're gonna have zero problems at the QB position for a couple more years at least.

can someone enlighten me on the injuries to the canes oline?

also the numbers aren't really all that great when you consider they had notre dame, clemson, ok state to play

Advertisement
Another stat that I place a lot of weight in is sacks/dropback

Miami gets a sack about every 13 dropbacks.

FSU gets a sack about every 24 dropbacks.

We're definitely an equal opportunity outfit when it comes to sacks, which obviously is a trait of a team that schemes pressure more so than getting it from edge rushers, but we've been able to consistently get free runners into the backfield.

They've had an issue getting to the QB all year. Will Gardner was sacked once in 39 dropbacks against FSU and Louisville is somewhere below 100 when it comes to protecting the QB.

Two things

1) I can't comprehend how our D is ranked so good lol. In the beginning of the season if i said we'd have the 11th overall D heading into FSU, i'd be verbally raped by everyone here. If we beat FSU and our D dominates like they have the past two weeks, i think we owe the coaching staff an apology. Of course if they don't win out, they can go **** themselves, but if we beat FSU i doubt that happens.

2) Kaaya is a ******* boss. Statistically having a great season for a true ******* freshman. No doubt in my mind he's gonna be one of the best we've had. We're gonna have zero problems at the QB position for a couple more years at least.

While it would be awesome to finally see a Golden coached team finish out the season strong, we still had 3 losses before Oct. was over. So let's not get ahead of ourselves on doling out apologies.

Two things

The coaching staff owes the players an apology for taking so long to implement the adjustments that everyone has been screaming about for months.

I would love to see DP go out with a win a la Dan Morgan in 2000. Dude was all over the field that game (he may have even been hurt in the second half). I'm trying to only take sips of the Kool-Aid on the defense, but **** it would be nice for those boys to show out next week.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Two things

2) Kaaya is a ****ing boss. Statistically having a great season for a true ****ing freshman. No doubt in my mind he's gonna be one of the best we've had. We're gonna have zero problems at the QB position for a couple more years at least.

The coaching staff owes the players an apology for taking so long to implement the adjustments that everyone has been screaming about for months.

True that

Going by these numbers we should be ranked #2 and FSU #48 or whatever we are. lol

Big times players make big time plays in big time games.

It's time for our boys to remember what it feels like to feed off of the spotlight and perform like we know they can.

Advertisement
Back