UM/FAU

We lost to Stetson at home? I must have missed that.
We lost AT Stetson, but still...losing back-to-back against Methune-Crackman and the Shatters wasn't a good look for us earlier this season, no matter how you want to spin it.

The most absurd posts were people going hysterical when we lost to Maine the 2nd game of the season!
Maine is a team we should beat like a drum 99 times out of 100, and it was indeed worrisome at the time that we didn't really do that. We did get the series win, which is good. I don't think anyone complained about that, even with the troubling 3-1 loss in the 2nd game where our bats went completely silent.

or someone saying we can't host a regional because we LOST 1 game at home after winning 14 straight and there was still 15 games left in the season.
Pretty sure folks were saying we can't host a regional at the moment because of our RPI and rankings being too low...not that we lost 1 game out of 15, as you're trying to frame it. MAJOR difference there. You need to learn how to read more betters.

Some posters don't want the team to do well or give credit when we win 16 of 17 because it interferes in their narrative that Morris must go.
No narrative here...just seeing real flaws and pointing them out--that's all that a lot of us have ever done in regards to Morris. I've been absolutely thrilled that we've gone on a really nice tear here from the mid to late part of the regular season, as it's put us in position to possibly host a regional if we can finish strong. To get back to Omaha (which is THE MAIN GOAL each year), we're going to have to have a Regional host, and a favorable matchup in the Super Regional.

I'll give all the kids credit for gutting out these close victories that they've pulled out during this successful stretch. They've played well enough to overcome their own mistakes, which is something we've not been able to say about a Morris-coached team in a few years.

I don't know what more else you want out of the rest of us, dude. If that's not enough, then kindly GFY.

Advertisement
We lost to Stetson at home? I must have missed that. The most absurd posts were people going hysterical when we lost to Maine the 2nd game of the season! or someone saying we can't host a regional because we LOST 1 game at home after winning 14 straight and there was still 15 games left in the season. Some posters don't want the team to do well or give credit when we win 16 of 17 because it interferes in their narrative that Morris must go.

Right, because Stetson is just a monster at home. They even beat Yale once out of three games at home. We walked into a hellish nightmare by scheduling a game at that place.

We didn't lose out on hosting because we lost one game, we won't be a host because we've already lost 13 games. Five of those to 100+ teams. But you don't even know how the RPI is calculated, so I'm really getting over your head here.

It amazes me how someone who has been embarrassed by so many posters continues to come back for more.

Yo we know you're the RPI master. Now chill the **** out.

Good. Now if some of you could actually put two and two together and understand that the RPI affects where you go in the post-season, we might not have people gushing over nice little wins over Pittsburgh and Virginia Tech.

Advertisement
People need to call down. If we win the series this weekend we will host. Sweep next week against a weaker team take care of the last few weekends we will be fine. The tradition of this team the money out into the field an the lack of teams out west deserving to host will help us. There projecting Indiana to b a host an there not ranked in some polls some have them a national seed. I'm just saying baseball is a very odd post season when it comes to sites. We take care of business an we host. Really does not matter if we lost 1 game early much like basketball it's what we do at the end of the season. Don't worry yet still to much season left to start worrying. But people will freak out about every loss an ever loss means Morris should be fired. Just let the season play out an when we are hosting everyone that doubted this team will run an hide an not post but the true fans will stay with this team.

IMHO RPI is dumb. I played NAIA ball back in the early 90's. We beat a Duke team twice that was ranked in the top 25, and had three guys that made it to the bigs (Quinton McKracken, Sean McNally, and some pitcher). And we flat sucked. Won 8 games all year, and were no hit by a pitcher that wasn't hitting 70 mph on the gun. **** happens in baseball, and good teams can lose to lousy ones. IMHO this years UM team is improved significantly over what we have had to endure the last several years. Hitting is better, defense is better, ans starting pitching is as good as in past years. Only the bullpen gives me pause. We deserve to host. That said, dumb or not, RPI will be a factor when they chose who hosts like Antwan is saying.

IMHO RPI is dumb.

There has to be some computerized way to evaluate every team's record against their schedule. There's no way that any human can do that with 302 teams to sort through. Humans vote based on records, which is why you have Oregon State in the top four even though their schedule is very weak. The computer recognizes that, which is why their RPI is #23.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back