UM/FAU

Advertisement
Leaving a small village on base. Cannot get the runners in from scoring position.

Even after 8 runs scored.

8-8 bottom of 8th. We just ended the top of the 8th grounding into double play with bases loaded

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
UF Loses at home for the 2nd straight night. Last night Jacksonville tonight Florida A & M. I can imagine the posters on here if that was Miami who had done that.

UF Loses at home for the 2nd straight night. Last night Jacksonville tonight Florida A & M. I can imagine the posters on here if that was Miami who had done that.

We DID do that. I guess you already forgot about Bethune-Cookman and Stetson, both of whom are worse than Jacksonville and Florida A&M. The difference is that Florida's RPI is #1. Ours is #26.

Advertisement
I can imagine the posters on here if that was Miami who had done that.
I know, right? There would be posters who would still be chest-thumping about a doubtful Regional host and applauding the effort in coming up short against great teams like J'Ville & FAMU.

And Antwan beat me to it. We DID do that. And at the point in the season that we did that, we were playing some really bad baseball and not looking like a team that belonged anywhere near the postseason. Now...we do. FAU's a tough team, and we beat them in their house last night.

Just like you say there are posters that want something bad to happen so they can say they were right, there are porsters like yourself who only see the good and none of the bad...and then make posts like that one.

This being the baseball board does not minimize the absurdity of your post.

Both UF and Miami fans should absolutely be mad at losing back to back games to those two teams. Timing and position for the regionals also comes into play. Winning 16/17 holds less meaning if our team craps the bed down the stretch and we are not on solid footing for a post-season run. For Florida, with a high RPI, this may simply be a needed wake up call to get them on the right track --- but I will bet that not one person associated directly or indirectly with that program is happy about it.

So is this going to be your M.O. for the rest of the season? Apparently you don't believe in the high road.

We lost to Stetson at home? I must have missed that. The most absurd posts were people going hysterical when we lost to Maine the 2nd game of the season! or someone saying we can't host a regional because we LOST 1 game at home after winning 14 straight and there was still 15 games left in the season. Some posters don't want the team to do well or give credit when we win 16 of 17 because it interferes in their narrative that Morris must go.

Advertisement
Back