UM CB commit Burns working to gain weight, talks Northwestern teammates

View as article
I love this kid, and I know he's going to be a Baller for us. If he takes the game serious we'll be fine.

Advertisement
As a CB he will need to cover 6:4 210 lb fast receivers and tackle 225 lb RB's coming at his corner.
Yet somehow Tiawan Mullen was able to do just fine at Indiana this year (All Big 10 frosh), as did Trumaine Washington (All ACC at UL), and Cre’Von LeBlanc (begged for a UM offer, went to FAU, and is now in the league).

Last edited:
Yet somehow Tiawan Mullen was able to do just fine at Indiana this year (All Big 10 frosh), as did Trumaine Washington (All ACC at UL), and Cre’Von LeBlanc (begged for a UM offer, went to FAU, and is now in the league).
Size does not ******* matter at the CB position when will people realize just be able to cover

Advertisement
Kid has hops for days. Love his scrappiness and use of the sideline when needed. I get he’s not big weight wise but I’ll take a Bull any day of the week. They always play bigger than what they profile. Great player to redshirt, get with Feeley, and transform into a beast. We need the depth badly at the position and the kid love Miami so there’s the hard worker and dedication to the program we need.

Advertisement
Advertisement
ROFL, that man don't need to worry about weight, 145lbs all muscle is way strong enuff. He's from Miami, his body fat is probably round 4 or 5%, that's elite, he can't gain 15 to 20lbs before coming to UM, that'll be bad weight, he's still growing people, calm down. Once he gets to UM, he'll put on at minimum about 10 to 11lbs as a freshman which is still enuff to get out their and make something happen in certain situations, let em grow up, but he's strong enuff to do what he's doing now, and as he starts playing against other college athlete's, he'll make the adjustments necessary as he's developing.

He's a definate redshirt.

If we had proper depth he wouldnt be needed for 2 plus years other than special teams. He is still rail thin..he's really good and pesky. He's a kid that really needs to go over to Bommarito or have a legit weight training coach and nutritionist get to him. He needs to come here at least 160-165 range.

Tecoury is still light in the *** as well. He is alot similar in that though small they arent timid kids they are pretty agressive at the high school level. College level becomes a different ball game

good analysis..imho he’s not a Miami caliber db.

Needs to hit up his brother to get someone to get that kid a proper nutrition regimen to increase size(muscle)

No way Burns with his brother who can pay someone a few hundred bucks to get it for him can’t give him the tools to AT LEAST be 170 when he shows up next year
I mean it sounds good and all both his bother way in Chicago, Tim got to just put some more work in and become his own man

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back