UM behind in early recruitment of rising 2023 WR Jean

View as article

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
2023 Miami Northwestern (FL) WR Andy Jean was a top performer out at the Miami Immortals 7v7 tryouts last weekend, and may have made the play of the day when he took a pair of DB’s deep and made the catch while falling down in the endzone.

“I saw a good play developing, got into the endzone and looked up, the DB was holding me, but I was still able to come down with the ball… Today I felt like I played at 90%, I could’ve done more. Everybody had their plays, but next time you come out here, I’ll show out for you.”

The 6-1 175 pound prospect was on the Immortals’ roster last season and got to play with a few future Miami Hurricanes that signed with UM in the 2021 class, including Romello Brinson, Brashard Smith, Kahlil Brantley, and Kamren Kinchens.

“Miami Immortals, when I played for them last year, my name grew. They’re a great team to play for, you get to play with a lot of stars,” Jean said.

With Jean profiling as one of the top local prospects in the rising 2023 class, the Canes have already hopped in his recruitment, as head coach Manny Diaz extended an offer to Jean in early November.

“I learned about the offer when I was in class, my coach came up to me and told me that UM and coach Diaz offered,” Jean said. “Coach Diaz was just saying Miami is a great school, and that when you go there, they treat people like family.”

Still, despite the Canes being one of his first offers, Jean currently prefers to leave South Florida for the next level.

“I don’t want to stay home for college as of now,” he said.

What would Miami have to do to change Jean’s mind in the future?

“Just recruit me hard, show me they want me, and keep winning and getting better,” Jean said.

Pitt also recently offered the Miami Northwestern star, and Jean is gaining attention from two other Power 5 programs as well.

“Louisville and Arkansas have been inboxing me,” Jean said. “When the spring comes, I expect to pick up more offers, and once I have a few, I’ll make a top list.”

As a sophomore in 2020, Jean was part of a Miami Northwestern program that finished the year 3-2, and he felt he made strides in terms of his personal growth to make the most of his limited reps on a talented Bulls receiving corps.

“This year I grew on becoming more humble, waiting my turn, and letting the coaches coach me and being a coachable kid. When I got on the field, I did what I was supposed to do.”

Advertisement
DIVA

season 2 diva GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

Advertisement
Nothing like getting out of South FL and heading out to Arkansas.

Yes, he can see the world...on his recruiting visit, they will take him to the world's largest chicken ****e lake (that's a literal thing, not a euphemism) and he can see how well Tyson treats the chickens in captivity...he can then hop over to the Wal-Mart headquarters to see what his life after football will be like, when he pulls on that blue apron...finally, he can try to see what Arkansas State built with that massive UM settlement money...

Yeah, boy, that kid is really blessed that Arkansas is "inboxing" him...the future is limitless...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
How is he a Diva? He very clearly said he wants to leave South Florida. Diva term is used way too loosely these days.
I agree with you. The kid said flat out he wants to leave South Florida - as of right now. A diva is someone who constantly changes their mind, can't give a straight answer. I call him a straight shooter if anything.

Call me crazy, but I respect the kid for saying that. I don't agree with his decision, but that's not my place to agree or disagree.

Yes, he can see the world...on his recruiting visit, they will take him to the world's largest chicken ****e lake (that's a literal thing, not a euphemism) and he can see how well Tyson treats the chickens in captivity...he can then hop over to the Wal-Mart headquarters to see what his life after football will be like, when he pulls on that blue apron...finally, he can try to see what Arkansas State built with that massive UM settlement money...

Yeah, boy, that kid is really blessed that Arkansas is "inboxing" him...the future is limitless...
As crazy as that may sound to some it isn't far from the truth! I went on a fly fishing trip to that area and was amazed when the wind shifted at the absolutely pukable air stench from the Tyson chicken farms...for a bite the best option was Sonic near Walmart HQs....

Advertisement
Back