UM announces Travis Williams as inside LB coach; Diaz comments

View as article
Top 10 staff in cfb. Recruiters everywhere. 3 former FBS OCs on the offensive staff, a former SEC DC and one of the 3-4 best DB coaches in cfb, a former SEC Co-DC who is a vaunted recruiter and already a proven developer, an NFL DL coach, and a former SEC/BIG10 DC/Broyles Finalist as an analyst on D.

Manny is the HC but he also has guys to turn to with valued experience. Shoop was a D1 HC, Justice was a highly regarded D2 HC, Simpson is one of the best Georgia HS football coaches ever, Field was a successful HS football coach, Stroud has experience all over the place from S&C to DC, and an NFL HOF’er.

Multiple former NFL players on staff. South Florida ties on-field and in the football building.

The only thing lacking is a HC with a track record in the HC position I truly think Manny is learning on the fly and doing a **** good job. Best support any HC at Miami has had in at least 2 decades. I wasn’t old enough to know much about the staff makeup prior to Butch’s.

With 9/11 starters returning on D and 10/11 returning on O - if manny can’t win this year... he never will.

Advertisement
Great to have an elite recruiter at LB coach. LB is one of the positions where recruiting is more important than teaching. Technique matters but it can only take you so far.

PFF speaks very highly of Zakoby McClain so it's possible Williams can develop too. I guess we'll find out soon cause there aren't any plug and play LBs on the roster right now.

Advertisement
Advertisement
If we can’t exercise the cb and lb hex this year I’m just offing myself
work out exercise GIF by Lizzo

Advertisement
Advertisement
**** Manny really pulled it off again

2nd Off-Season in a row where he's totally changed the coaching staff on 1 side of the ball.

Year 1 was a disaster.

Year 2 was a huge improvement on Offense with a huge decline in defense.

If Year 3 is a slight improvement on Offense (actually have a spring practice, more talent at Skill spots, returning QB, some OL development, etc.) and the Defense improves significantly with better coaches in place, there is no reason we shouldn't see a 10 win season.

the biggest disservice to Miami’s defense in the last 3 years has been the linebacker core. Some kids are talented (brooks, huff, Flagg) but without adequate coaching. Others are simply not good enough to start or play for a P5 team. T-Will with his reputation as a recruiter will clean that up. But I also expect to see a major improvement with (Brooks, Huff, Flagg)
Couldn't agree more with this post! Right on the money!!

Man, I was literally thinking if we can’t get the CB & LB room in order now, then I’m convinced we made a deal w/ The Devil in ‘83 & we’re forever cursed after the 20 yr contract ended. Lol

Contract ended Fiesta Bowl against Ohio State

Manny just signed a blood pact with the devil right after the Oklahoma State game

Advertisement
Back