UM announces Garin Justice to replace Barry as OL coach; Diaz comments

Advertisement
Advertisement
Young energetic coach who has experience in most facets of the offense and has worked at a lot of different locations. Has been sucessful everywhere hes been, developing players. Like the hire, only question is can he recruit. Been at FAU & FSU,so he must know something about recruiting Florida. No mention of him coaching or knowing Lashlee from before.
:11263272045-489f4f7972-o:
They have a mutual friend, Travis Trickett who justice coached o-line for at FAU when Trickett was oc there. Trickett coa ched tight ends for Lashlee when Lashlee was OC at Samford. I coached at Samford for 2 seasons when Trickett OC. They know each other

Advertisement
This is an excellent hire. IMHO
I’m told this pick is 100% on Manny. The previous offensive staff had some Enos in it. Call me impressed. I’m told Garin is a great guy and will do very well recruiting South Florida.
I was wondering if this was Manny or Lashlee, hopefully both

I’m told this pick is 100% on Manny. The previous offensive staff had some Enos in it. Call me impressed. I’m told Garin is a great guy and will do very well recruiting South Florida.
hes a devout christian i hear

Great hire, hopefully he can learn the offense from lashlees & take over for him if he leaves. That’s only if everything goes great & were scoring a lot of points. If that happens lashlees will have the opportunity to become a head coach.

Advertisement

The easy thing to do would've been to hire J.B Grimes. This hire actually required deliberation & analysis.

Advertisement
Exactly what this program. New fresh blood, not recycled Miami guys or friends or nepotism. Young rising coaches with energy, not guys on the downswing with no resume.

Seems like an A hire on paper. I want more info like did *****in fire him or did he leave on his own? But this is the kind of hire I like to see on its face.

He was poached

“He’s done a great job. We wish him well,” Kiffin said after Tuesday’s victory against Akron in the Boca Raton Bowl. “… People are coming to take your coaches so that’s a good problem to have.”

Advertisement
Back