UM announces crowdfund of remaining $2M for interior of IPF

Advertisement
Just put in my donation

Many of us will be keeping an eye on you vs the Coyotes.

:neonu:

pfenny.JPG

Last edited:
How's this different than calling people and asking for donations aside from being a more modern and efficient method?

Wow. This is going to shoved in our faces, hahahaha.

Honestly it should be. They have zillions of dollars. Its like the old skit from Conan O'brien about harvard where they call him for money and he says you have like $15B in endowment why do you need more money and they say we don't NEED more money, we just WANT more money.

If we can raise, what $10,000, to the fire Al Golden campaign, surely we can donate to the IPF. We should collect and donate from Caneinsight.com and have a piece of the facility named after the website.

Didn't we (fans) raise almost $40,000 for Artie Burns in like 6 hours?

Advertisement

Honestly it should be. They have zillions of dollars. Its like the old skit from Conan O'brien about harvard where they call him for money and he says you have like $15B in endowment why do you need more money and they say we don't NEED more money, we just WANT more money.

Ridiculous comparison. Harvard has been building an endowment fund for nearly 400 years. UM is not even 100 years old.

Regardless, we do not have "zillions" of dollars in the Athletic Department. Big donors want their names on buildings (which is, of course, how we got to the point where we could announce the IPF). Small donors tend to ignore UM's fund-raising appeals because they mistakenly belief in the myth of "zillions of dollars".

We need $2 million. They currently have $6K in the crowdfund account.

But, sure, keep talking about the "zillions of dollars" we don't have.

Ridiculous comparison. Harvard has been building an endowment fund for nearly 400 years. UM is not even 100 years old.

Regardless, we do not have "zillions" of dollars in the Athletic Department. Big donors want their names on buildings (which is, of course, how we got to the point where we could announce the IPF). Small donors tend to ignore UM's fund-raising appeals because they mistakenly belief in the myth of "zillions of dollars".

Sometimes, it's hard to tell the intellectual capacity of a poster. Other times, just a few words reveal who the simpletons are.

Advertisement
I'm pretty certain the college football world and most prospective SA's know that Miami is a small private school, that is a "dumpster fire", that no "decent coach" would take, has "terrible facilities", and "doesn't even have their own stadium".
So I could really give a siht about what anyone thinks, ask WVU what they think of Miami.

Sometimes, it's hard to tell the intellectual capacity of a poster. Other times, just a few words reveal who the simpletons are.

I agree. You and I may have had some differences about word usage in the past, but this one is very important, as it impacts our university's ability to raise funds to pay for these desperately-needed improvements.

People need to learn the difference between operating funds (i.e., tuition payments, athletic fee payments), endowment funds (i.e., money that is invested and UM gets the interest and/or dividends), and capital funds (i.e., fund-raising money that will be spent on specific projects).

Sure, UM's bank accounts "look nice", but it's not some giant slush fund to be spent on whatever we want. The interest and dividends from those endowment funds go to pay for the scholarships that are awarded, including those for football players (Living Scholars program).

Advertisement
Back