UM All Time Best Position Units By Season

Gibyaj

Redshirt Freshman
Been using all of this downtime to watch over 50 or so old UM games and the number one thing I’ve noticed is WE WERE LOADED at different spots in different seasons. So I was just wondering for those of you guys that lived it and got to see the glory days up to now, which years were our best years ever at certain positions?

I’ve had this convo with a few friends so far and there have been a few unanimous spots like that Qb room that had kelly Kosar testaverde and richt, the back room in 01 with Portis, Najeh, Gore and Willis, and the 01 offensive line as well... but just curious what some of you guys thought.

I feel like the early 90’s receiver corps were VERY SPECIAL and DEEP. The torretta - costa transition was tough. Really curious what people say about def line, linebackers and defensive backs.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Hum. Got to go with 82 QB room. First NC, first Heisman, first first round draft pick at QB, first number one overall pick, first NFL HOF QB. Hard is pick greatest anything at The U, I think that picture of the QB room is hard to match. To bad Mark couldn't finish the job in 2017, he would have been first player to RETURN and be HC of a NC team. I think Don James would be the first to have ever won NC as HC that shared title year but that was at Washington.

Lock this MFer NOW.....
10447526_815350541832456_2610686548392081409_n.jpg

Advertisement
Man!!! WR 2000 can raise their hand... with their NFL career hands down. Santana Moss, Reggie Wayne and Andre Johnson

UM individual records

Receiving Yards all time
#1 Santana
#2 Reggie
#7 Andre

TD passes caught all time
#4 Reggie
#4 Andre
#6 Santana

Receptions all time
#1 Reggie
#3 Santana

Advertisement
Advertisement
Man!!! WR 2000 can raise their hand... with their NFL career hands down. Santana Moss, Reggie Wayne and Andre Johnson

UM individual records

Receiving Yards all time
#1 Santana
#2 Reggie
#7 Andre

TD passes caught all time
#4 Reggie
#4 Andre
#6 Santana

Receptions all time
#1 Reggie
#3 Santana
Great post.... I was going to mention them too. Also, Andre King wasnt that bad either, even tho he was like a 27-28 year old senior lol.
Sucks my favorite player Santana didn't win a ring.

Advertisement
Back