UknowWhat....

Was wondering if Shaq has been, or is planning to contact any of UGA's recruiting targets to gauge their interest in joining the Canes? I ask because CMR came out in the press conference and pretty much said that he wouldn't be actively contacting any of their commits but "wouldn't turn them away" if they contacted him and expressed interest in flipping. As probably the most vocal leader of next years incoming class has Shaq (or you) thought about becoming more active in trying to recruit any of UGA's commits or targets to Miami?

One target of their targets in particular, #1 rated ATH Mecole Hardman, seems like a very good place to start. Not only does he have a strong relationship with Coach Richt already, his mom (like your wife) seems to absolutely adore him. After CMR's firing Hardman expressed shock and then pretty much warned UGA not to get rid of Pruitt. From reading articles about UGA and Kirby Smart the general mood seems to be that Pruitt will not be retained by him. Hardman already visited us during the week of the Nebraska game, so he had legit interest in us even before CMR got here.

Here's a couple of articles that I pulled the Hardman info from:

Mecole Hardman’s mother has faith in Mark Richt | College recruiting blog

The same can be said about Danyell Hardman.

Hardman is the mother of one of the most sought-after high school players in the country, Mecole Hardman Jr. The 4-star athlete’s mother isn’t necessarily a UGA fan, but she is a huge supporter of the Bulldogs coach.

“People always ask me if I am a Georgia fan,” Danyell Hardman told the AJC. “I say I’m a Mark Richt fan. I’m a Mark Richt fan because of his values. I think if my son did go to Georgia, not only would he become a good football player, but I think Mark Richt would make him into more than just another football player. With him, I think it’s more than just football. He will make him into a man.”

Recruits react to Mark Richt's firing on Twitter

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back