Uh oh...

Posted this in the Jason Taylor/Ohio state thread but JT has 2 kids attending LSU now. Son on the football team and daughter on the volleyball team.

Advertisement
We are 5-7 and 7-6 last 2 years. We don’t know how to take a knee in victory formation, have no idea what time outs are for or what a play clock is about. Can’t recruit WR’s QB’s or CB’s. We play in a conference that can’t compete financially with B10 or SEC. The officials in our own conference ***** us whenever possible.
There is literally nothing left you could say uh oh to that would cause me to lose any sleep over this program any longer. No coach leaving, no player leaving, no recruit not signing. No QB choosing to be a third day nfl pick than make 7 figures playing QB for 1 year for us. No coach putting all his eggs in one basket and if that QB doesn’t choose us we are stuck holding our ****s. Nothing makes my heart rate increase anymore when I see a thread titled uh oh.
You have reached this stage:
Season 8 Nbc GIF by The Office

Advertisement
Is Manny's coaching tree passing Mario's? Has it already passed it? Legitimate question as I really don't know. It's just crazy to me how some of the guys we had here have gone on to do some things.

So, what's the story with Blake? Did he not succeed here because the HC (Manny) wouldn't let him do his system?
He’s a Manny disciple. His system is Manny’s system. It’s likely he’s changed a few things and added his own wrinkles over the last few years. Believe it or not, coaches CAN learn and improve, they’re not all just stubborn oafs who keep doing the same thing over and over like most of our coaching hires. The Rhett Lashlee who was our OC and SMU head coach has a much different offense than the Rhett Lashlee who got ran out of Auburn.

Also, anybody else notice that as soon as Baker and Manny left Miami, their careers went back on an upward trajectory? Is it a case of “it’s not you, it’s me?”

Advertisement
He’s a Manny disciple. His system is Manny’s system. It’s likely he’s changed a few things and added his own wrinkles over the last few years. Believe it or not, coaches CAN learn and improve, they’re not all just stubborn oafs who keep doing the same thing over and over like most of our coaching hires. The Rhett Lashlee who was our OC and SMU head coach has a much different offense than the Rhett Lashlee who got ran out of Auburn.

Also, anybody else notice that as soon as Baker and Manny left Miami, their careers went back on an upward trajectory? Is it a case of “it’s not you, it’s me?”
1. Manny is a great DC ( was at Miami) and an awful HC. Both things can be true.

2. Coaches are allowed to improve

We are 5-7 and 7-6 last 2 years. We don’t know how to take a knee in victory formation, have no idea what time outs are for or what a play clock is about. Can’t recruit WR’s QB’s or CB’s. We play in a conference that can’t compete financially with B10 or SEC. The officials in our own conference ***** us whenever possible.
There is literally nothing left you could say uh oh to that would cause me to lose any sleep over this program any longer. No coach leaving, no player leaving, no recruit not signing. No QB choosing to be a third day nfl pick than make 7 figures playing QB for 1 year for us. No coach putting all his eggs in one basket and if that QB doesn’t choose us we are stuck holding our ****s. Nothing makes my heart rate increase anymore when I see a thread titled uh oh.
😂😂😂 My man has reached a stage of total zen with Miami football. I’m not quite there yet bro, got a few more levels until I reach Nirvana.

Advertisement
lol dude got get you an Old fashioned!

Guidry is fine but he’s not irreplaceable, y’all gotta stop this
He’s the best coordinator Mario haddock hired in his 4 attempts here at Miami. He could be replaced but what he did in his first season was very impressive and based off previous results it’s likely his replacement would be a downgrade

What's the LSU 247 Board have to say about Guidry? When they were speculating on "what if we can hire a new DC," he was not viewed favorably. Personal issues between him and the program in the past. Much has changed since then, but their dislike for Lance seemed deeply rooted.

I'm thankful for it. We need Guidry here and badly. Outside of UoL and second half of UNC....Guidry was STELLAR!

Advertisement
What's the LSU 247 Board have to say about Guidry? When they were speculating on "what if we can hire a new DC," he was not viewed favorably. Personal issues between him and the program in the past. Much has changed since then, but their dislike for Lance seemed deeply rooted.

I'm thankful for it. We need Guidry here and badly. Outside of UoL and second half of UNC....Guidry was STELLAR!
I find this "outside of" interesting on CIS...

Guidry, outside of good offenses, was stellar = da gawd...

Other coach, outside of two top 10 ranked teams, was stellar = he's cheeks

Advertisement
Back