UGA Recruiting Rankings

Miami has never needed top classes to win and never will.

Never.

If we had a great QB and didn't have the killer injuries to our best players, we'd have won the title. No team in history has a mediocre QB and loses their best WR, RB, and TE and wins the title. Not Bama. Not UGA. Not Clemson. Walton, Richards, and Herndon are NFL players. If we had them against Clemson, we win that game. If we had a halfway decent QB, we blow out Bama and UGA.

Recruiting is night and day different from our last title. Saying we didn't do this or that back then is meaningless. That was pre-internet, social media, and with virtually every game in television (a good many high school games) the game has changed since then.

We weren't winning with a completely healthy team last year. Jesus, take the goggles off. We were a lot further off than three guys and on offense alone, our OL was a turnstyle. That also doesn't address how their offense literally blew out defense off of the field. You can't blow anyone out with the defense playing the way they were.

Advertisement
Recruiting is night and day different from our last title. Saying we didn't do this or that back then is meaningless. That was pre-internet, social media, and with virtually every game in television (a good many high school games) the game has changed since then.

We weren't winning with a completely healthy team last year. Jesus, take the goggles off. We were a lot further off than three guys and on offense alone, our OL was a turnstyle. That also doesn't address how their offense literally blew out defense off of the field. You can't blow anyone out with the defense playing the way they were.

Sometimes you need to win with offense. Our defense got us 10 wins last year. Sometimes to get to 12 and 13, you need to have some help from the offense. Maybe if the offense scored a couple of times, we get momentum back and our defense turns into a wolfpack like they were for 99% of the games.

Herndon, Richards, and Walton are all NFL talents that would have allowed us to beat Clemson with a better QB. Literally the difference between a 10-3 season and a 13-1 season was a few bad luck injuries and Rosier.

Richt will get us where we need to be with talent. He has done it before at other places.

Our championships occurred before good recruiting ranking services existed. Too much exposure now for many future studs to go unnoticed. Completely different game now. We will not be good without consistent top 10 classes.

I would argue, my guy, that the recruiting services have actually hurt us as far as evaluating players in years past, and have made us as fans look only at a players rankings v. the player himself.

I see Richt is doing his due diligence in looking at the 3 star guys who are blowing up to be high 4 star guys v. strictly going after high 4 and 5 star guys b/c recruiting services said so.

I do think we need to cast our net out a little wider for certain positions though; in particular QB, DT (sorta) and OL. WR, RB, LB, DE, DB....no need to leave the state.

Well it's immensely clear that recruiting services have changed, and evaluate far more players. For the last 12-14 years 5 stars are significantly more likely to be drafted than 4 stars, and 4 stars more than 3. Our classes have dropped, and we have sucked. So be ignorant to the facts if you want, but every team to win the ship in the last 10+ years has had at least a 50% blue chip ratio. List as many Canes you like as you want. We haven't won the ship. And a borderline 4 star is a 4 star.

The thing I hate most about this site is people like you who don't understand statistics at all. You're just going to keep giving me one 3 star player that made it, but discount that something like only 7% of 3 stars are drafted overall. Unless you can prove that South Florida 3 stars are statistically more likely to be drafted you're talking out of your ***. It's impossible to argue with people that can't comprehend math.

Who the fu^&^ is talking about NFL draft picks? No one gives a shiznit about how many players get drafted. We're talking about college ffs. Trent Harris didn't get drafted but if we had 85 Trent Harris's on the roster we would never lose a college game. Having more NFL draft picks don't mean jack shiznit when it comes to winning titles.

And that's complete bullcrap about 5 stars getting drafted more than 3 stars. According to your dumb logic, anyone can predict the draft by just looking up recruiting rankings. Do you have any idea how dumb this sounds? There are like 30 ish 5 stars every year. That means according to your dumb logic, the NFL draft 4 years later would have the entire 1st round be filled by those 5 star kids. lol.

So go take a look at the 2014 recruiting rankings, and tell me how many of the consensus 5 star picks made it to the first round. lol.

You can field championship caliber teams with players ranked 200-600 at Miami. Every year there are countless examples of kids that the big 3 skipped over that turned out to be GREAT college players. If you werent so enamored with meaningless stars next to a kid's name, you'd see that.

Advertisement
Who the fu^&^ is talking about NFL draft picks? No one gives a shiznit about how many players get drafted. We're talking about college ffs. Trent Harris didn't get drafted but if we had 85 Trent Harris's on the roster we would never lose a college game. Having more NFL draft picks don't mean jack shiznit when it comes to winning titles.

And that's complete bullcrap about 5 stars getting drafted more than 3 stars. According to your dumb logic, anyone can predict the draft by just looking up recruiting rankings. Do you have any idea how dumb this sounds? There are like 30 ish 5 stars every year. That means according to your dumb logic, the NFL draft 4 years later would have the entire 1st round be filled by those 5 star kids. lol.

So go take a look at the 2014 recruiting rankings, and tell me how many of the consensus 5 star picks made it to the first round. lol.

You can field championship caliber teams with players ranked 200-600 at Miami. Every year there are countless examples of kids that the big 3 skipped over that turned out to be GREAT college players. If you werent so enamored with meaningless stars next to a kid's name, you'd see that.
Just as I imagined. You're clueless when it comes to statistics.

"And that's complete bullcrap about 5 stars getting drafted more than 3 stars."

Oh my ******* lord. You know so little about math you don't understand percentages. Holy moly. Just not gonna waste my time with you.

I wonder if there are stats on % of 3* that make it to the NFL by coach that recruited them. Could give some insight on which coaches are better at finding and/or developing the outliers.

Uh, check Clemson's recruiting rankings then get back to me
check there OL and DL rankings and get back to me, Clemson recruits with the big dogs no matter what anyone says. Theres a reason they are where they are and its not some miraculous coaching job cause they wanted that dude fired years ago.

Advertisement
check there OL and DL rankings and get back to me, Clemson recruits with the big dogs no matter what anyone says. Theres a reason they are where they are and its not some miraculous coaching job cause they wanted that dude fired years ago.

Lol now you’re backtracking and changing terms to fit your agenda. The fact of the matter is that Clemson proves that you don’t need top 5 classes to win titles.

And that fact has always been the case at Miami. When have we EVER needed top 5 classes to win our 6 titles??

When Bama lost their LB corps to injury, they got *****slapped by Ole Miss. Remember that?

When Clemson lost their best QB, they got *****slapped by Syracuse. Remember that?

If Clemson lost their best RB, WR, and TE and had Rosier as their QB against us, we would have killed them. Same with Bama.
I think that's an excellent point.

I just spent the weekend in Athens with close friends. Let me tell you! They all believe they will beat baga and win the NC. Believe Richt was too nice and really phucked up by not recruiting a few black QB's, in particular Cam Newton (TE) and DeShawn Watson, that his practices were too soft. Say Kirby recruiting best in nation and having physical practices. FYI, you don't go their for social and entertainment aspects, but Atlanta only an hour away.
Sick insider info ... lol I don’t think we have a white qb on roster expect for Cade Weldon and dat boi auggy

Last edited:
I would argue, my guy, that the recruiting services have actually hurt us as far as evaluating players in years past, and have made us as fans look only at a players rankings v. the player himself.

I see Richt is doing his due diligence in looking at the 3 star guys who are blowing up to be high 4 star guys v. strictly going after high 4 and 5 star guys b/c recruiting services said so.

I do think we need to cast our net out a little wider for certain positions though; in particular QB, DT (sorta) and OL. WR, RB, LB, DE, DB....no need to leave the state.

The best coaches do their homework. Notice that as elite as Bama and OSU recruit, they still offer 3 stars. Diamonds in the rough are out there. A player may be undersized, but a good coach can pick out who has potential.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Lol now you’re backtracking and changing terms to fit your agenda. The fact of the matter is that Clemson proves that you don’t need top 5 classes to win titles.

And that fact has always been the case at Miami. When have we EVER needed top 5 classes to win our 6 titles??
If accurate rankinds and the internet was as big our late 90 and early 2000s classes would be number one or top three easy. Like dee said its a different time

Maybe i did a little change the narrative but getting all the top dlineman in the last class is next level ****. Clemson has been a beast on the trail especially to those who follow recruiting hard. Most people know clemson is serious

Last edited:
recruiting is like everything else in life, you play the percentages. granted there are outliers but the numbers don't lie and they say 4 and 5 stars tend to have a better chance of being better than lower ranked players. I don't think there is anything wrong playing the numbers.

Advertisement

You confirmed my suspicion that you are in fact a moron. 85 Trent Harris's and we wouldn't even win the Coastal. If you think Rosier had bad accuracy just imagine that team. Harris isn't even close to the best DE in the league. He isn't even the best DE on the team. Who is? A 5 star what a surprise. Lets take a look at the 2012 recruiting class since they all should be in the NFL by now. 78% of 5 stars are on NFL rosters. 25% of 4 stars and 4.5% of 3 stars. This was also an outlier class since 2011 had 87% of 5 stars on NFL rosters and 2010 had 84%.

Outside of this year when they got that 5 star from Ohio, they are recruiting linemen from their state. Like Georgia, SC produces big time DL and OL. always has. they are just getting some good coaching with that. Remember their Defensive Coordinator is like the second highest paid, last year until LSU and Texas AM messed up the curve with that nonsense with Aranda. We continue to recruit and play like Richt has our program, we will be in the mix annually, starting last year!!!

You are a god **** moron, this thread has been an embarrassment to your family name.

Advertisement
Back