UGA Jamie Newman likely opting out of season.

Advertisement
Smart move as he we was dealing with an injury iirc. Now everyone will be talking about Jamie Newman and wondering what could have been.

No.

Newman is a possible first round draft pick. He could slide to round 2 with a deep QB draft. He is a talent, and no way did Daniels beat him out. Daniels wasn't even cleared until very recently. All reports were Newman looked really good in camp.
Interesting he opts out the day after Justin fields visits uga practice. Wonder if he put dat bug in his ear🤔?

Welp the UGA fanboys screaming about how amazing he was going to be for them this year surely have been quiet on twitter today

Advertisement
Kirby and UGA like to recruit against us. UGA lost a QB who is a potential first round pick, so that could lead to struggles on offense. I am happy when UGA struggles, and hopefully when UGA’s struggles on the field, it carries over to a lack of success in recruiting against us.

Jamie Newman's numbers were pretty absurd when he was playing with Sage Surratt on the field. One of the nation's best passers, good. Without Surratt, he was way below average.

With that said...Kirby Smart's evaluations and management of QBs leaves a lot to be desired and even if Newman "lost the job" I wouldn't put much on it.
Breakdown of his stats.

1599129269227.png

Kirby and UGA like to recruit against us. UGA lost a QB who is a potential first round pick, so that could lead to struggles on offense. I am happy when UGA struggles, and hopefully when UGA’s struggles on the field, it carries over to a lack of success in recruiting against us.

It's a good thought but you have kids who are chasing bags and as long as UGAs are the biggest, nothing is going to change in recruiting.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back