UGA CB Daniel Harris; UM interested...

Why?

Daniel ain’t Donell, he didn’t troll us, he never did anything to us, he wasn’t even recruited by Miami.

Regardless of what may have happened with Donell, Daniel is his own man & that’s unfair to throw that on him.
If Miami had the NIL back when Donell was coming out there's a good chance he'd be at Miami. All things being equal his family was all Miami. You know what they say about money talks... Very hypocritical of those who sulk about not getting players because of the heavy bags from other schools but now celebrate our ability to do so due in large part because we got bags now.

Advertisement
If Miami had the NIL back when Donell was coming out there's a good chance he'd be at Miami. All things being equal his family was all Miami. You know what they say about money talks... Very hypocritical of those who sulk about not getting players because of the heavy bags from other schools but now celebrate our ability to do so due in large part because we got bags now.
we had bag$, but were logically afraid (for very good reasons) to not use them.
b509de92-112a-4cc9-a556-023aca98995a_351202492894931.gif

U comparing something thats legal to illegal **** other schools did and got away with while they try to hammer us for the same thing even on a smaller scale

We used to sulk because it was illegal, we got put on severe probation when roughly $100k total was given in permissible benefits to numerous players. Kids were taking $100k each even more to the tune of millions a year at some schools. I think we had a reason to be upset at the time.

We used to sulk because it was illegal, we got put on severe probation when roughly $100k total was given in permissible benefits to numerous players. Kids were taking $100k each even more to the tune of millions a year at some schools. I think we had a reason to be upset at the time.
Don't be so naive. We may not have had the deep pockets like some of the top spenders, but we were just as guilty.

Advertisement
Cribby, LCE, etc is this the case?
Miami has never been in the same stratosphere as the bag schools. Its naive to think other. UM never had the big , powerful boosters to battle Sec / Big 12 armies of “donors“. It was a mom in pops grocery store versus Wal Mart. Nevin Shapiro himself said we couldn’t compete with the Sec.

If Miami did half of what the good ole boy programs have we‘d been buried years ago.

Advertisement
Miami has never been in the same stratosphere as the bag schools. Its naive to think other. UM never had the big , powerful boosters to battle Sec / Big 12 armies of “donors“. It was a mom in pops grocery store versus Wal Mart. Nevin Shapiro himself said we couldn’t compete with the Sec.

If Miami did half of what the good ole boy programs have we‘d been buried years ago.
How do we compare now?

I'm not Cribby but it's a new age and a new game and this is one game that we are prepared to win. The proof is in the recruiting pudding. I would say that we are doing ok.
I would say so too. I was just curious, as its been reported more then once that other schools offered more $, yet we still got the player. Would have to think were still in the same ball park

I would say so too. I was just curious, as its been reported more then once that other schools offered more $, yet we still got the player. Would have to think were still in the same ball park
That instance of Florida offering more was not indicative of us not being able to match. That was an example of being shrewd and having poker instincts. We had the money to match Florida but we knew we didn't need to because we lapped them in every other deciding factor both tangible and intangible.

Advertisement

My dude I am glad those days are over lol

How do we compare now?
As for doing it the right way , by the books and legitimacy UM is at the top. Every box is checked right down to taxes. Kids are getting pay checks and are the grid. No fears of a Reggie Bush situation or future tax issues.

We might not spend as much as some bag schools but for the legitimacy of the business / Nil arrangement and being competitive I’d say Miami is in a good spot.

As for doing it the right way , by the books and legitimacy UM is at the top. Every box is checked right down to taxes. Kids are getting pay checks and are the grid. No fears of a Reggie Bush situation or future tax issues.

We might not spend as much as some bag schools but for the legitimacy of the business / Nil arrangement and being competitive I’d say Miami is in a good spot.
Were we in the bag game with the exception of Nevin Shapiro?

Advertisement

In your honest opinion can NIL continue this way or will it come to a sudden halt. It seems like we're about to absolutely dominate this thing.

To your knowledge are we hammering home the legitimacy of our operation? What I mean is are we negatively recruiting these other schools with collectives and such?

To your knowledge are we hammering home the legitimacy of our operation? What I mean is are we negatively recruiting these other schools with collectives and such?
I personally don’t know that.

Imo I don’t think there’s a need to negative recruit, I’ve never been a fan of that. Sell me on what’s so great about your product and what separates it.

Advertisement
Back