Off-Topic UFC 270

Luke Caneswalker

Grad Transfer
Late to the party. Great card so far with a lot of guys making their ufc debut.

For the main and co main event. Im picking FIGUEIREDO to win and NGANNOU vs GANE to go the distance.

Advertisement
Advertisement
EC943BF5-9BC4-4542-B5C8-C27DD6220E05.gif

Judges got the Moreno fight wrong. Figueredo, landed two knockdowns, but was backing up the whole fight and Moreno was putting together better combinations. Either way close fight. They’ll go for a 4th, each one so far has been great.

Meanwhile, like always, the overhyped heavyweight fights are a snooze fest….

Advertisement
If you're trashing that heavyweight fight, you're crazy.

That was one of the greatest knockout artists and power punchers in the history of MMA showcasing he's a legit champion with a full toolbox of skills. Went down (on two scorecards) 0-2 and understood the champions advantage. Took down a guy thats never been taken down, basically, whenever he wanted...a few were legit highlight takedowns. And then controlled the ground game with good body control and very functional wrestling and BJJ. Escaped some very precarious submission spots.

That was an incredibly impressive performance by The Predator.

Figueiedo v. Moreno -- FIGHT FOR-EV-ER CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP.

I could watch those two fight on a loop. One of the greatest rivalries in the sport and now we're getting IV. DRAW, split Ws, and now we get a rubber match IN MEXICO?!?! Lets ******* go.

I think what gave fig the win was the knock down at the end of the 3rd and the 5th. I honestly think moreno was winning both rounds prior to those exchanges

If you're trashing that heavyweight fight, you're crazy.

That was one of the greatest knockout artists and power punchers in the history of MMA showcasing he's a legit champion with a full toolbox of skills. Went down (on two scorecards) 0-2 and understood the champions advantage. Took down a guy thats never been taken down, basically, whenever he wanted...a few were legit highlight takedowns. And then controlled the ground game with good body control and very functional wrestling and BJJ. Escaped some very precarious submission spots.

That was an incredibly impressive performance by The Predator.

Figueiedo v. Moreno -- FIGHT FOR-EV-ER CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP.

I could watch those two fight on a loop. One of the greatest rivalries in the sport and now we're getting IV. DRAW, split Ws, and now we get a rubber match IN MEXICO?!?! Lets ******* go.
Francis really showing off his evolution in the last 2 fights. Looking forward to Gane battling back for a rematch.

I think what gave fig the win was the knock down at the end of the 3rd and the 5th. I honestly think moreno was winning both rounds prior to those exchanges
The fight was incredibly close. I thought Moreno really controlled the fight and did more, but Figs had the more important moments of the fight.

Like I said, I want these guys to fight forever. Incredible rivalry.

Advertisement
The fight was incredibly close. I thought Moreno really controlled the fight and did more, but Figs had the more important moments of the fight.

Like I said, I want these guys to fight forever. Incredible rivalry.
I told my lady. This fight is the equivalent of a Mexican vs Puerto Rican boxing match. Both moreno / fig refused to quit and just traded leather.

This should be the first time UFC books a 4th fight… youre spot on.

I told my lady. This fight is the equivalent of a Mexican vs Puerto Rican boxing match. Both moreno / fig refused to quit and just traded leather.

This should be the first time UFC books a 4th fight… youre spot on.
They are 1-1-1 v each other over the past year and change...and Figs wants to do the fourth fight IN MEXICO.

Sign me up. That is an incredible fight and logical next fight for both guys. Who else in the division is ready to unseat one of these guys. That fight can and should actually main event (not co-main) a big show. UFC also just signed a deal with a TV partner in Mexico. Perfect opportunity to give the growing Mexican audience a real treat.

Advertisement
Back