UFC 241

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium
image.png

The rematch from UFC 226 for the Heavyweight title.

Stipe after going on a 6 win fight streak while beating Werdum for the HW title had 3 straight title defenses before Cormier KO'd him last time they fought.

Cormier coming off an easy RNC submit victory bs Derrick Lewis on UFC 230 has solidified himself as one of the greatest P4P fighters in UFC with his only losses coming to Jon Jones.

Cormier IMO has always been a much better Heavyweight than he was at 205lbs, I don't think there's a single Heavyweight in the business that can beat DC. I don't see that happening tonight either, I got DC winning this fight.

Yoel is coming off 2 great fights vs Whittaker which both resulted in losses, but also has KO's vs Rockhold & Weidman.

The undefeated young upcoming star in Paulo Costa has been heralded as the next TRT Vito Belfort, coming off a stoppage vs Uriah Hall, Costa has finished every single fight he's been in. Big time power puncher with an explosive aggressive style.

This is going to be a very good fight imo, Costa while a very promising prospect has yet to fight anyone yet so it remains to be seen if he can handle a much more high level fighter like Romero.

Normally, I would go with the young undefeated KO artist in a kid like Costa, but Yoel is a different animal, despite being in his 40's he still has the power of a 30 year old in his prime. I picking Soldier Of God Romero to get the victory in this fight, but won't be shocked if Costa pulls it off.

Pettis is coming of a KO victory bs Stephen Thompson back in March but had a tough loss vs Tony Ferguson last year at UFC 229.

The legend Nate Diaz hasn't fought in 3 years since the rematch vs McGregor at UFC 202, but before that beat McGregor by RNC at UFC 196.

This will be one **** of a fight at 170lbs, Pettis has struggled vs tougher opponents losing to Ferguson, Poirier, Holloway, Dos Anjos & Eddie Alvarez, but is still one of best fighters in his weight class.

I won't be shocked if Pettis wins, but I'm picking Nate Diaz for the W. The 209 legend is due for big comeback

Who ya got?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I felt like Romero won, but they're never going to give the decision to the older fighter on his way out the door.

Romero had to get the finish in order to win, if it went to the judges they're of course going to go with the young undefeated upcoming star for promotional purposes to setup for a big title fight later down the line with Styelbender.

I hope this fight lives up to the drama... I think Pettis should win but who the **** knows...

Advertisement
Back