UF Tape & Mullet Interview Observations

Advertisement
I didn't watch their spring game but i know that aren't as good as they are getting hyped to be. They have a questionable o-line. The d-line is average at best which is why grantham will blitz a lot. They are questionable at LB too. They have mostly box type safties.

The key matchup is the TEs vs their Lbs and safeties.

Franks completed 58% of his passes last season in an offense where 90% of his passes are bubble screens.

He threw 14 of his 24 touchdown passes against Charleston So. (5), Colorado St. (2), So. Carolina (1), Idaho (3), and fsu (3)

Care to know the defensive rankings of those teams?

Charleston So. - 💩
Colorado St. - 111th
So. Carolina - 84th
Idaho - 100th
fsu - 80th

Take away those five cupcakes and he competed 54% of his passes for 1,400 yards, 10 tds and 5 picks.

Two of the top three best QBs in the ACC (Bryce Perkins and Daniel Jones) had their worst games of the year against our D last season.

I will concede that their receivers will be a challenge for our young secondary. They are talented, experienced and deep at wideout.

However, Franks is a bum. He can't get the ball to them. Our front seven will be in his butt all game long.

Last edited:
What kills me is people consistently harp on how bad Frank's was last year, to say we'll thrash them this year because he was THAT bad.

At what point do those people consider that he had an offseason to train, mature, & get better just like ours did. It's very likely that he becomes slightly better than last year. He won't be RGIII or anything like that, but I expect him to improve some. Not regress like our QBs because of lousy QB coaching

Agreed. Franks was not impressive at all last year but no doubt he should improve in year 2 of that system. Also, do we really have room to be talking about another teams QB? Yeah we have 3 guys with talent but they have not shown anything yet.

We've let some trash QB's look good against us in the past. If their WR's are as good as OP is hyping them up to be it's going to be a dogfight considering how green our secondary is. Our DL needs to be top notch all game long to come out with a victory.

Advertisement
I think people are saying that’s the reason we shouldn’t fair their offense, not the reason we’ll thrash them
Maybe it's my misunderstanding then, because I read people saying that we will win because he is trash, based on last year

Agreed. Franks was not impressive at all last year but no doubt he should improve in year 2 of that system. Also, do we really have room to be talking about another teams QB? Yeah we have 3 guys with talent but they have not shown anything yet.
Exactly! Frank's at least improved towards the end of the year. Our dudes...ehh...we have no clue what any of our QBs can be but many are supremely confident.

Just looking at the numbers, it seems he protects the ball well & doesn't force throws. Granted, idk how much of his passes go downfield vs safe check downs.

I'm not expecting us to get many INTs. Outside of Bandy, the rest of our CBs are Question Mark's. Everything I'm reading is their deep in talent a WR. Felipe doesn't need 8 secs to get rid of the ball. This game on paper can go either way.

Franks completed 58% of his passes last season in an offense where 90% of his passes are bubble screens.

He threw 14 of his 24 touchdown passes against Charleston So. (5), Colorado St. (2), So. Carolina (1), Idaho (3), and fsu (3)

Care to know the defensive rankings of those teams?

Charleston So. - 💩
Colorado St. - 111th
So. Carolina - 84th
Idaho - 100th
fsu - 80th

Take away those five cupcakes and he competed 54% of his passes for 1,400 yards, 10 tds and 5 picks.

Two of the top three best QBs in the ACC (Bryce Perkins and Daniel Jones) had their worst games of the year against our D last season.

I will concede that their receivers will be a challenge for our young secondary. They are talented, experienced and deep at wideout.

However, Franks is a bum. He can't get the ball to them. Our front seven will be in his butt all game long.
I'm hoping this is true. Good job on the research & thank you

I expect Franks to improve compared to last year. I don't believe the stats will show that from the first game however.

I do suspect the spring game was a dog and pony show designed to intimidate a first year coach and both allay offensive concerns and justify a #10 ranking. Every move they make is intended to give them an advantage in that first game so they can say they beat Miami.

Advertisement
No he didn't. The teams he played towards the end of the year were straight garbage on D.

See my post above.
He played bad teams & some decent teams...

Rosier & Perry played bad teams & still didnt produce that well.

Not saying dude will be top tier, but he should be marginally better

This gaytor team really reminds me of us last year; there are too many similarities in the results and public perception, both are extremely inflated. I like to think that their depleted O-line, overrated QB play and depleted front 7 don't match up well against us.

That being said we have too many uncertainties; we don't really know what product we are putting out on the field, **** we don't even have a clear cut QB1. On offense, with the right system we can milk our running game and set up the pass (obvious, and what Richt was trying to accomplish, he just ran the same power run every **** first down). Our athletes are great and will be a problem to their secondary, but their hands haven't caught up, hope that has been addressed.

On defense I think we can expect continuity with Baker, though I worry he gambles even more than Manny did.

This will be a tight/rivalry game that will be extremely fun to watch. I think we come out on top, but I dont think it will be a blow out on either side.

Knew the gaytor lurkers would come out for this one to defend their bum quarterback.

The UF spring game was a 100% joke. The defense was purposefully lax to pump up the fans for Mullett's garbage offense and their garbage quarterback. They better believe Miami's defensive line isn't going to pretend to rush the passer come game time.

Advertisement
He played bad teams & some decent teams...

Rosier & Perry played bad teams & still didnt produce that well.

Not saying dude will be top tier, but he should be marginally better

First, this has nothing to do with Perry and Rosier.

The perception that Franks improved towards the end of 2018 is based in part on his performance against Michigan in the Hate Chicken bowl...but mostly it's fiction.

The gators played 13 games in 2018.

Franks threw for 2,457 yards and 24 TDs with 6 ints.

Seven of the gators' 13 opponents were ranked 70th or worse (70, 75, 82, 96, 106, 126 & 💩) in defensive passing efficiency. Four of those games (Vandy, Mizzou, Idaho & fsu) occurred in the second half of the regular season.

In those seven games, Franks' td:int ratio was 18:2.

In the remaining six games he faced the #2, #4, #7, #29, #36 & 56th ranked defenses in def pass eff.

His td:int ratio in those games was 6:4.

Franks was responsible for 31 total touchdowns on the season (rush & pass).

Pay attention because 👇 is the bottom line:

ONLY 7 OF THOSE 31 TDS OCCURRED IN THE SECOND HALF OF THE SEASON AGAINST TEAMS WHO'S DEFENSES WERE NOT HOT GARBAGE.

Advertisement
Our defense is better than theirs but our offense sucked last year due to terrible QB play. We were 3 and out consistently, which tells you how good our D was last year. Nkosi could overthrow Wilt Chamberlain on a 5 and out consistently and nobody is afraid of us completing a deep ball because of awful QB accuracy and timing. ****, our number 1 speed WR was going to leave the program because our QB's sucked so bad. Unless our QB play improves dramatically, it's going to be a game. D.J. Dallas better get ready to carry the offense or the worst just might happen.

Advertisement
Back