UF Tape & Mullet Interview Observations

TrueFloridian

Sophomore
First and foremost all the “experts” giving early analysis on this game seem all wrong. I’m surprised with what I saw on tape vs what people believe will happen 8/24.

I watched the UF spring game to start things off. You’d have never known the “strength” of the team is the secondary and the “weakness” is the OL. The tape looks the EXACT opposite.

The strength of the UF team is by far and way the WR’s. They get open and most importantly catch the football. They are way ahead of the UM WRs in simply catching the ball this spring. Let me be nice by saying Evidence Njoku has stone hands after watching Traz and Otown. UF has a clear advantage here so we need JT4 and Brevin healthy to match that production. They dropped one ball the entire game and it was somewhat contested.

Here’s the good stuff. The UF DL got zero pressure except for a handful of plays on the supposedly awful OL in the spring game. It was so non-existent that UF beat reporters were bombarding Mullet about it in his PC after the game. He didn’t have a good answer. I think UF’s DL and secondary is severely overrated minus one player in Henderson. The safety’s were burned the majority of the time against the big slow TE’s. They will have no idea what hit them with Will and Brevin.

Overall, the UF offense without pressure is much more fluid than Um’s right now. I’m hoping Enos just kept things really vanilla etc etc but UF looked miles ahead on offense. IMO UM needs to figure out the QB situation sooner than later and Enos needs to start catering the offense to that guy. That being said, I think UF is in for a big surprise with UM’s defense. They won’t be able to run and Diaz blitzes will give them fits. They will have to beat us with big plays down the field. That’s what they are good at so we need to prep for it. I have no doubt Gurvan and Bubba are much better than UF’s safety’s they play against in practice. They couldn’t cover anybody.

Advertisement
Advertisement
They could have Randy Moss and Jerry Rice starting for them and it wouldn't matter: Felipe Franks is under center.
They could have Randy Moss and Jerry Rice starting for them and it wouldn't matter: Felipe Franks is under center.
Lot

Is fashionable to bash Franks. Not saying he is a Heisman candidate, but the guy has played in and won a lot of SEC games.
If Gators can run the ball and protect Franks, he is going to look great. It is not like he is horrible, just hasn't met Rivals rating.

I think you guys should spend an hour and watch the 3 tapes I did today before jumping to conclusions. It takes less than an hour condensed.
Again, I think the UF passing game is our biggest threat. Their defense is missing last years players and overrated. I’m hoping Christian Williams comes in ready to play. I’m saying we should plan on running the ball down their throats. We should dominate the LOS based on the tape.

Advertisement
That game was a farce designed to pump up the uf fan base to boost ticket sales. None of it can be used to gauge their team, save that their WR under minimal pressure managed to catch footballs.

I agreed with that to an extent before the interview. It wasn’t that clear though. The defense still cracked through on a couple plays and acted as if.
When the entire UF beat reporters questioned Mullet it was more clear. He said they held some guys out on defense. He said the offense is clicking more than the defense after being in the system for two years with everyone returning. It was more than just a set up. I think the new safeties aren’t that great and they are lacking pass rushers.

Lot

Is fashionable to bash Franks. Not saying he is a Heisman candidate, but the guy has played in and won a lot of SEC games.
If Gators can run the ball and protect Franks, he is going to look great. It is not like he is horrible, just hasn't met Rivals rating.
The dude is dreadful. He was benched at home vs. mizzou...not alabaga...Mizzou...oh and tell how me how awesome he was vs Kentucky...at Gainesville...with less than 50% completions....or vs. LSU and Tenn and UGa...at less than 50% completions....
Please watch the game film of this dude....its comical.

Lot

Franks is trash, he didn’t do anything vs any defense that could play last year PERIOD. Struggled vs any good team. Shout out to @FL Cane with this breakdown from his post in this particular thread.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I think you guys should spend an hour and watch the 3 tapes I did today before jumping to conclusions. It takes less than an hour condensed.
Again, I think the UF passing game is our biggest threat. Their defense is missing last years players and overrated. I’m hoping Christian Williams comes in ready to play. I’m saying we should plan on running the ball down their throats. We should dominate the LOS based on the tape.

In order for us to have a chance, we need to stop their running game, not their passing game. If Franks beats us then we deserve to lose..

Advertisement
What kills me is people consistently harp on how bad Frank's was last year, to say we'll thrash them this year because he was THAT bad.

At what point do those people consider that he had an offseason to train, mature, & get better just like ours did. It's very likely that he becomes slightly better than last year. He won't be RGIII or anything like that, but I expect him to improve some. Not regress like our QBs because of lousy QB coaching

What kills me is people consistently harp on how bad Frank's was last year, to say we'll thrash them this year because he was THAT bad.

At what point do those people consider that he had an offseason to train, mature, & get better just like ours did. It's very likely that he becomes slightly better than last year. He won't be RGIII or anything like that, but I expect him to improve some. Not regress like our QBs because of lousy QB coaching
I think people are saying that’s the reason we shouldn’t fair their offense, not the reason we’ll thrash them

Advertisement
Back