UF smarter than UM

UMFarArcher

All-ACC
UF with the identical same four losses as UM, has the presence of mind to fire their head coach, and avoid the post-season coach hiring cluster.

By firing Muschump now, UF has a free, clear, uncongested search for their next head coach. They saw his record, they saw he was NOT a top caliber Head Coach, and they were very wise to pull the trigger.

UM also does not have a top caliber coach, and the record parallels Muschamps as well as the previously fired Randy Shannon, but UM will from all appearances suffer though another year of disappointment before considering such a positive move.

UM had the brilliance to EXTEND the non-performance Golden forever, providing a "reason" to keep him around in spite of the perpetually sorry state of Miami Hurricane Football for a dozen years.

UM, who is losing lots of homegrown top recruits to FSU, OSU, DUKE, and other out of state schools, will certainly suffer more losses when UF gets a top coach and starts an aggressive recruiting program backed up with the near-certain promise of a quick return to national prominence.

Meanwhile, the UM Administration, unmoved by the apparently numb-between-the-ears BOT, continue to fiddle while Rome burns.

State of the U?

It's looking more and more grim.

Advertisement
Stop. This **** is annoying. We're not UF. We're in a much better situation.We have a top 15 class and we have the number one class for 2016. The same coaches that you are bashing, has kids like Sam Bruce, Shaq Quarterman and Jack Allison wanting to play for them. The same scheme that you're bashing, has multiple kids thriving right now. We might put 10 kids in the league this year. We have a good group of freshman, a good group of seniors and juniors to look forward to next season. Keep up with bashing and see when he gets fired if half these recruits stick around.

It really is brilliant by UF. They saw how much USCw benefited by entering the coaching search early. You get first pick.

You don't have to fight in the scrum. The new coach can start in on recruiting early with a good positive buzz around him.

Win win for them.

Lose lose for us.

The []_[];2069192 said:
Stop. This **** is annoying. We're not UF. We're in a much better situation.We have a top 15 class and we have the number one class for 2016. The same coaches that you are bashing, has kids like Sam Bruce, Shaq Quarterman and Jack Allison wanting to play for them. The same scheme that you're bashing, has multiple kids thriving right now. We might put 10 kids in the league this year. We have a good group of freshman, a good group of seniors and juniors to look forward to next season. Keep up with bashing and see when he gets fired if half these recruits stick around.

You're damned right it's annoying. You're also right we're not UF, because they take great pride in their football from the Adminstration to the AD to the BOT, and on down the line.

You can bet I'll "keep bashing," if that's what you prefer to term solid observations. Thing is, you gotta be blind to want Golden to stick around. And let's look at South Florida kids who DON'T choose the U, and instead head for parts unknown.

Apparently, there's several who are already headed out of town. That rat**** we managed to perform Saturday with all those kids there - with Golden snatching defeat from the jaws of victory - by putting on the brakes at halftime? That's going to impress the **** out of kids.

I still say all other things being equal, kids like playing for a winning program. That's why there's not a lot of five stars lining up to play at Slippery Rock.

Get it?

Advertisement
We are 6 and 4 ....again. So, yes, there is always next year. For 11 Novembers now we find ourselves thinking of the following season or even the next one after that. I , for one, would like to just once before I die, look forward to a New Year's Day game again.

Last edited:
Guysm. It's on the players. Coaches set them up to win and players made mistakes.

/Gorlden praises for his masters in sports psychology degree when it clearly doesn't matter. It's on players

//Coach L has less talent. wins at #8 UiF when his players don't give up but go off on our rival school.

Advertisement
Speaking of USC, that's the guy to replace D'Nofrio if not Golden.. If they brought in Coach Orgeron, we would be set on a Tough Defensive Line and Great Recruiting..
I know he left on a bad note, but look how he's turned his life around...

It really is brilliant by UF. They saw how much USCw benefited by entering the coaching search early. You get first pick.

You don't have to fight in the scrum. The new coach can start in on recruiting early with a good positive buzz around him.

Win win for them.

Lose lose for us.

UM is too caught up in reacting and being slow and being slaves to public perception. They're paralyzed at the thought of being criticized for firing fat Folden too fast.

So they'll wait. And the program will continue to flounder. And other programs will continue to soar past us making it that much harder for the next HC to catch up.

It's funny how everyone is praising ufayg for firing Muscrap, who is Folden's superior. Yet UM somehow feels obligated to hang onto our loser.

UM is too caught up in reacting and being slow and being slaves to public perception. They're paralyzed at the thought of being criticized for firing fat Folden too fast.

So they'll wait. And the program will continue to flounder. And other programs will continue to soar past us making it that much harder for the next HC to catch up.

It's funny how everyone is praising ufayg for firing Muscrap, who is Folden's superior. Yet UM somehow feels obligated to hang onto our loser.

UM didn't care about public perception or long contract extensions when they greased a real UM man and Folden superior in Randy Shannon.

I'm all in on firing Al, but he beat Muscump and we should give him that credit. gator revived hurts noles more than us. Both always steal some SoFl studs but north Fl is mutual recruiting ground.

Advertisement

I'm all in on firing Al, but he beat Muscump and we should give him that credit. gator revived hurts noles more than us. Both always steal some SoFl studs but north Fl is mutual recruiting ground.

He gets as much credit for beating ufayg as the other 7 teams who performed that miracle last year including Georgia Southern.

UM didn't care about public perception or long contract extensions when they greased a real UM man and Folden superior in Randy Shannon.

Racism.

UF with the identical same four losses as UM, has the presence of mind to fire their head coach, and avoid the post-season coach hiring cluster. By firing Muschump now, UF has a free, clear, uncongested search for their next head coach..

We are not UF. We can't afford to offer 5+ million a year to a coach after buying out a man who is under contract through 2019 (at least 10+ million). Even if we were both coachless (which is a pipe dream), we wouldn't be going after the same caliber of coaches.

We would have to hire an up-and-comer (See: Doc Holliday), an established middle tier guy (Tommy Tuberville) or most likely, damaged goods (See: Butch Davis, Rob Chudzinski, Mario Cristobal, Greg Schiano)

Advertisement

He gets as much credit for beating ufayg as the other 7 teams who performed that miracle last year including Georgia Southern.

LILZ

I don't know how people can look at Golden's entire body of work and think we are somehow on the right track.

I wish I could claim half the excuses people are offering for Golden to my investors and board.

I don't know how people can look at Golden's entire body of work and think we are somehow on the right track.

I wish I could claim half the excuses people are offering for Golden to my investors and board.

Yeah, well, your investors and board are not idiots like we have here.

Advertisement
Back