Uf player talking s’hit

Advertisement
I was hoping the players would have the same mindset as the fans I've talked to about this game. Just keep letting them talk, keep letting them think they don't even have to try. It's almost like their psyche won't let them prepare because that alone would be admitting that Miami is even worthy of their effort, which just can't be true to them! Fantastic!

Good to see he's using those UF spelling skills, where is Maimi?
The all-time greatest was the guy who used to post on Grassy who used to write "colledge."

Not one of our players, just somebody who used to post.

I'm less interested in how this Gator spells than what it is he sees...or whether he is just arrogant.

One trait amongst our fans that has always bothered me has been overconfidence. I sensed it before LSU last year, LSU in the Peach Bowl, Ohio State in the Fiesta Bowl, PSU in '87 Fiesta Bowl, and as far back as the '94 Sugar Bowl against Bama. In each case we were beaten by a more physical team or a smarter team that made fewer mistakes.

Everybody thinks we were robbed by a bad call against Ohio State...but we never should have been in that position. They out-hit us and beat us up the whole game. Remember how Ken Dorsey got thrown around like a rag doll near the end of the game? It was an ignominious conclusion of a very frustrating game that we were lucky to be in at the end. (And I agree that we were robbed on that p.i
call).

I wonder about the mental health of all of you who post confident superficial analyses of our game on August 24th. I'm just waiting to see how we actually produce. We have a lot to be excited about, but we are going in with essentially untested QBs, patchwork and thin OL, and almost completely new coaching staff.

I have seen so many of our dreams turned to ashes going back fifty years. There's a lot to be hopeful about but I would be interested in knowing what he sees and not write him off as another loudmouthed dumb Gator. He is probably that but I'd rather speak softly and deliver some mighty blows from our big stick in Orlando.

And we need to be realistic about our weaknesses and do our best to overcome them.

We need to just go out there and put these dummies on the shelf for the rest of the year. Once we hand them an L they’ll spiral out of control the rest of the year. That outcome would make my season.

Advertisement
The all-time greatest was the guy who used to post on Grassy who used to write "colledge."

I'm less interested in how this Gator spells than what it is he sees...or whether he is just arrogant.

One trait amongst our fans that has always bothered me has been overconfidence. I sensed it before LSU last year, LSU in the Peach Bowl, Ohio State in the Fiesta Bowl, PSU in '87 Fiesta Bowl, and as far back as the '94 Sugar Bowl against Bama. In each case we were beaten by a more physical team or a smarter team that made fewer mistakes.

Everybody thinks we were robbed by a bad call against Ohio State...but we never should have been in that position. They out-hit us and beat us up the whole game. Remember how Ken Dorsey got thrown around like a rag doll near the end of the game? It was an ignominious conclusion of a very frustrating game that we were lucky to be in at the end. (And I agree that we were robbed on that p.i
call).

I wonder about the mental health of all of you who post confident superficial analyses of our game on August 24th. I'm just waiting to see how we actually produce. We have a lot to be excited about, but we are going in with essentially untested QBs, patchwork and thin OL, and almost completely new coaching staff.

I have seen so many of our dreams turned to ashes going back fifty years. There's a lot to be hopeful about but I would be interested in knowing what he sees and not write him off as another loudmouthed dumb Gator. He is probably that but I'd rather speak softly and deliver some mighty blows from our big stick in Orlando.

And we need to be realistic about our weaknesses and do our best to overcome them.

call).

Matador, great post. Maybe those "mature" of us are the only ones who feel this way? I bought into the hype re: LSU last year and was so disappointed. Been around too long not to have known better. With regard to the UF game this year, I am cautiously optimistic.

Advertisement
Back