UF Game 3

So we were better against a woeful northern team.

LOL......did you really just say that if we scored more runs and made fewer errors then we would have won.....and that is evidence that we are BETTER this year? Good grief.

We beat them once last year, just like we did this year.
Florida has a young team but it still has quality veteran pitchers and several veteran bags in that lineup.we have mostly sophomores and freshmen in our batting order .and this team is holding its own so why are you nitpicking on this team.aren't you a can can or are you a troll.

Advertisement
Just stop if you're only going to make stuff up. Last year we were down 5-3 going into the 8th in one loss and down 4-2 going into the 8th in the other loss. Then we won game three. All three games were close going into the 8th inning. Just like this year.
Ok I'm wrong just like you are wrong about this team.

Florida has a young team but it still has quality veteran pitchers and several veteran bags in that lineup.we have mostly sophomores and freshmen in our batting order .and this team is holding its own so why are you nitpicking on this team.aren't you a can can or are you a troll.

So if you're a true Cane, you only say great things about the team? Are you on Lance's payroll?

So if you're a true Cane, you only say great things about the team? Are you on Lance's payroll?
Nope I just see a very good young team that needs some experience to grow up.we had a team like this his back in 99. Good starting pitching ,good talented hitters in the line up.if you remember then tram that didn't gel until after fsu series then.I'm always positive about any canes team I actually bleed green and orange.

Not even ten games in and people are losing their minds. I wasn't overly excited about this guy getting the job, but he sure as **** hasn't done enough to warrant this nonsense. Bats looked improved, team has played some good ball early in the season, and suffered two losses on the road to a top 5 team.
You do know he has been on the staff for the past several years during which, with one exception, we sucked. This is no different than when we promoted Coker. Well except he had a roster that should have won three national championships. Yea that......

Advertisement
You do know he has been on the staff for the past several years during which, with one exception, we sucked. This is no different than when we promoted Coker. Well except he had a roster that should have won three national championships. Yea that......

Like I said, we've seen obvious improvement in multiple areas since Dimare took over. It is also far too early to make judgment calls on the guy, we don't know what this guy is capable of. Could he flame out? Of course he can, but I'm not going to make long term predictions after less than ten games.

Just because someone is on a staff, doesn't mean they fully agree with how things are run. Manny Diaz is a living example of that. He has approached the job totally different than Richt, and while the jury is still out on him, it's obvious from the way he is running the ship that he had some serious philosophical disagreements with Richt about how things were done. Hopefully Dimare has that same element going for him.

Can They Move Lala To CF And Put Cloonan In LF ? Can Quinones Play LF ? I Don't Get The Jenkins Thing Since Last Year. The Ratio Of Jenkin's Playing Time And Production Is Whack
Quinones wouldnt work in LF but Del Castillo in Right would, that would open up a DH spot for Quinones. If we keep getting decent AB's from Del Castillo, Toral , and Gil i wouldnt be shocked (and id welcome) Zamora going to the leadoff spot!!

9-1-2 in the order hurt us bad yesterday

Nope I just see a very good young team that needs some experience to grow up.we had a team like this his back in 99. Good starting pitching ,good talented hitters in the line up.if you remember then tram that didn't gel until after fsu series then.I'm always positive about any canes team I actually bleed green and orange.
shake him off, dude is the biggest troll Miami has

Advertisement
Some notes from Kendall Rogers (he was at the Fri and Sun games) about us about midway through this article

Like it or not, the stats are on Jagr's side. While we've improved in some categories, the ones that count - wins and losses - are comparable at this point to previous years. Look great versus Rutgers, beat a directional in-state squad mid-week, then look good at times against the Gheytors only to lose the series. That's no reason to heap praise on DiMare at all...nor is it a reason to lynch him, but I digress.

That being said, as big as Lance and others on advanced metrics, I'm bigger on the eyeball test. Do these guys look capable of winning the Coastal? Are they smart in the field? Are they playing aggressively? The answers to those questions in order at this point IMO are they're potentially capable if guys keep improving, overall they're smart in the field but they have to stay focused and not make costly errors, and they are definitely playing more aggressively than the past couple of years. They look the part more than last year's squad did for **** sure.

I think the potential and outlook is better than it has been the past few seasons, especially if the younger guys keep improving. As much responsibility as we put on guys like Jenkins, Zamora, and Toral - they're still only sophomores. They are still growing like the freshmen are - and when you have a heavy mix of that on your ballclub that you're depending upon...the going can be tough. We have overperformed versus expectations so far - with a young ball club, can we keep that up? It's a valid question. Do we have a mixture of guys hit a wall, or do they blast through it and keep playing winning baseball?

Here's the key - I think the next step incrementally is not to take a series from UF in Gainesville...though we came **** close, and I'd like to see it happen sooner than later. The next step for this club is to handle its business against weaker competition. Beat the teams you should beat. Don't fall asleep in the mid-week games, and don't let the lower-tier ACC schools pop up and beat you. If they can do that, they'll be back in the postseason, and that's the next step for this program is to get back. After that - we can talk about what it will take to build off of that and get to Omaha either next year or the year after.

Quinones wouldnt work in LF but Del Castillo in Right would, that would open up a DH spot for Quinones. If we keep getting decent AB's from Del Castillo, Toral , and Gil i wouldnt be shocked (and id welcome) Zamora going to the lead
Some notes from Kendall Rogers (he was at the Fri and Sun games) about us about midway through this article

Nice to see his final paragraph, since he watches a lot of college baseball. Hope his assessment plays out that way.

Advertisement
New Lineup ... The Neccesary Adjustment For Mismi To Launch In 2019 : Zamora SS 1st. Vilar 2nd. Toral 1st Base 3rd. Del Castillo RF 4th. Lala CF 5th. Cloonan/Moore LF 6th. Amaditis C/DH 7th. Gil 3rd Base 8th. Quinones DH/C 9th - ...... Solid Bench Of Escala,Crosbie,Jenkins,Tuero,Rivera

New Lineup ... The Neccesary Adjustment For Mismi To Launch In 2019 : Zamora SS 1st. Vilar 2nd. Toral 1st Base 3rd. Del Castillo RF 4th. Lala CF 5th. Cloonan/Moore LF 6th. Amaditis C/DH 7th. Gil 3rd Base 8th. Quinones DH/C 9th - ...... Solid Bench Of Escala,Crosbie,Jenkins,Tuero,Rivera
Del Castillo is not playing right field. Jenkins is going to be the CF.

Nothing personal against him - but when did Quinones become a vital piece to plug into the offensive lineup? He had a surprise year last year but fell off late. He's OK - but he's not some big bopper that we're keeping on the bench for no reason. If we were going to shift things around to get someone off the current bench into a DH role, I'd pick one of Gates/Cloonan/Rivera over Quinones if we were looking for more offense.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back